DICK'S Sporting Goods Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.3

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly informal and friendly...questions from a preprinted guide. Very clear on job description, hours and pay. Manager was fair and gave me time to make a decision.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Birmingham, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

Got through the screening processes easily by going in and introducing myself to get an interview. Had to call often to keep the ball rolling. 2 interviews by different managers.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about sport and customer service experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Morristown, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. The interviewer was the store manager for the new store and he was very friendly and not overbearing. I was asked an amount of set behavioral type questions and then a few sports-related, but still behavioral, questions. After the questions we just had a normal conversation and I thought that it went well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview took an hour long and was a very professional overall experience. I felt comfortable and connected with the interviewer once I entered the room. He told be all about the company and how the company is an expanding.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation you were in that you had to take lead.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in December 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with the assistant store manager who was very nice and easy going. She asked about my past in sports, past working experience, and other typical interview questions. I had a second interview with the store manager. He asked similar questions and they both wrote down all of my answers. I was not offered the position I applied for, but was offered a sales associate job.

Interview Questions

• How would you get people to do what you ask when you are not in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Two part interview, one with the manager in-store and one with the store manager. Positive experiences and very laid back interview. Questions are mostly are "give me a time" and giving back with examples for answers. it seems like a very great work staff in general, but they focus on more on the numbers on the scorecard vs actual sales.

Interview Questions

• What sports are you involved in or like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was basic questions very relaxed and everyone was super nice. The manager was very laid back and made you feel welcomed. The hiring was about a couple day decision.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to resolve a deadline issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Highland, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

They conducted two interviews with me. Both were the EXACT same questions but with different people. The interview was easy and very casual. I didn't feel nervous or intimidated.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you gave or received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Casper, WY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple, and focused on the Sporting Goods aspect of the store. That's how they make their money, which is great, but they didn't ask any questions about my skillset or knowledge in administration. I could have been hired and known absolutely nothing about the job I was being hired to do.

Interview Questions

• This interview didn't have much in the line of tough questions. The hardest question they asked was "how have you helped someone gain confidence in a sports situation" and generally asking questions about my athletic background. This was all very simple, it just forced me to try and remember things from my high school sports career.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I was expected to be paid and the manager told me they could not pay that in a retail environment. I lowered my standards of pay but accepted the position. They seemed to know what they wanted to pay me before I got there and would not budge.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Online app was quick, first interview with assistant manager, second interview with GM. Asked a lot of the same questions twice. Asked questions that didn't relate to the position. Took forever to get called in for orientation. They often call people in for interviews when they don't have the hours to use for training, so you'll be waiting 2-4 weeks before you actually start working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't give excellent customer service?   Answer Question