DICK'S Sporting Goods Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Talked to store manager multiple times over the phone. Was told each time that she was waiting on her staff and the district manager before she could set an person to person interview and that she was going to get back to me in a few days. I would follow up with her at the beginning of each week just to be told the same thing. Finally found out that the job was closed when I was looking at other store locations. Never received a call back after that, just that they will get back to me.

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Daly City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview several months before a new store was opening. The interview lasted about a hour. The person that interviewed me told me she would keep me advised and promised to call me. She never did and never returned my phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did to increase sales at your current position.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Lenexa, KS) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager for about 15 min. Basic interview questions for a retail environment. He eventually was fired along with the district manager in my time there which was a horribly long 9 months.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in June 2013.

Interview

A complete waste of time. I was originally interviewed and felt I would have been hired by the Store Manager and DM. One month goes by and I am asked to interview again with two additional Managers. I then find out the original manager has left the company and I was on the short list. These two had made up their minds about me within the first two minutes. Having over 20 years experience in retail management, I felt my age was a deciding factor in my bad experience. When I asked insightful questions such as, "What department do you feel has the most unrealized potential?" These two proceed to tell me that Softlines is their top producer. What??? Maybe if I worded the question differently they may have understood. This is the top management on the front line? Both with less than 3 years in management and the company. Or how about the perplexing question I posed,"How do you deal with your work and life balance?" This resulted in simple blank stares and a shrug of the shoulders.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in April 2012.

Interview

Got nothing but runaround from DM. DM wouldn't give me any straight answer or feedback. I was later told inter-friction with the Store Manager was the reason DM wouldn't approve me for position. Several highly qualified candidates and employees have been caught in this power play politics. No wonder this region has poor customer service numbers.