DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.0

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very quick and easy going. He asked me very simple questions. Process was very quick overall. They asked me about 7 questions at the most. They scheduled my interview immediately.

Team Sports Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Buford, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Going through 2 interviews.
    Each took about ten minutes.
    On point, relaxed, not too strict or formal.
    Focused more on whether they see you as a worker willing to work.
    Very basic. Not going the beyond and asking difficult questions

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and called within two days of submitting the application. The day after I received an email with an interview date. Met with a manager two days after and he asked 3 questions and hired me on the spot. The process and interview are easy. Just go in and be yourself. If you really love sports, they will hire you. No retail experience required.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

very quick and easy, did not ask many questions, was hired on the spot. Had to call everyday to check on application to speed up the process. All the managers were very nice, and training was pretty simple

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Point, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (East Point, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went very well. But it was almost a month later before I actually started. I was consistent and patient, and lucky for me, I received a start date

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite sports teams   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything, but I did make suggestions and compiled with the rules and policies.

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Called by corporate Recruiter in PA. Questions similar to what is your background? Behavioral questions. Fairly easy questions and then spoke with Direct manager on the phone and was eventually called into for a personal interview. After waiting for 20 minutes I was brought in to discuss with direct supervisor. Conversation went well,however I was brought into speaking with 2 operations managers and knew from the second they looked at me I was not the candidate they were looking for. Not sure if it was race,gender,age,etc.May have been I was dressed very well and didn't look like I would fit into a casual workplace. I was brought into a large conference room where one of the Operations managers sat 6 chairs away from me and the second manager. Was very awkward and unprofessional. Questions were read off of a HR corporate template. No casual conversation very robotic. Knew from the first look that I was not going to get hired, nor would I have wanted to be. Not very polished interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation   1 Answer

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Newnan, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process happened very quickly. I applied online and got a call two days later asking to come in for an interview. The interview was short only lasting about 30 minutes. At the end, they had asked me to come in for a second interview. At the second interview, I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a problem at work and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Bike Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I came in not knowing what exactly I was interviewing for. It was taking some time for me to see the manager so I looked at the bikes. When she called me in she asked if I like bikes. I said I ride and have owned a few. Then she asked me general interview questions like how I would deal with coworkers and management in certain situations. It was very easy interview. I was attending a great technical university at the time so I think I was basically a shoe in.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with having a disagreement with a coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not that much room for negotiation because they can hire anyone to do these jobs.

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

You may have one or two interviews depending on availability of managers. Very specific questions are asked about customer service. Be prepared to think quickly and answer the questions asked, clearly and precisely.

Interview Questions

• give a specific situation , what you did and what happened as a result   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Newnan, GA).

Interview

I applied online after being referred by an anonymous source. They were looking to fill immediate hire positions. I put my resume on the Dick's Sporting Goods site and applied to the Administrative Assistant position and the Apparel Sales Associate position.

They called me a week later to schedule an interview for the next day. The representative I spoke to didn’t know which position I was applying for so I prepared to interview for both the Sales Associate and Administrative position.

When I got there, I was called into the interviewer’s (Store Manager) office. She asked me what positions I applied for and gave me some papers to fill out.

The first and fourth page of info on the papers consisted of questions like;

“Describe a time where you had to deal with an emotional/angry person. How did you handle it?”

“Describe a time when you had to convince someone to trust you. What was the result?”

"Describe a time you gave or received great costumer service. What made it great?”

Underneath each question there was a list that said “situation, action, and result”. They wanted you to answer each question using that template. Describe the situation. What actions did you take? What was the result of your actions?

The second and third page asked you to describe a sport/activity you participate in. Then it asks questions about when/how you got started in that sport/activity, what have you learned from participating in that sport/activity, and describe a time you have used your expertise in that sport/activity to help someone improve their performance/make a purchase.

When I went in for my interview, the interviewer asked about my Admin experience and what my computer skills are. They want you to be proficient in Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Payroll. They are willing to train you to operate the Payroll software.

Those were the only two question I was asked in the interview.

After the interview, I took a personality test.

That was the end of the interview process.

I got a call two days later and they asked me about my organizational experience and to describe a time I missed a deadline. This question was also on the sheet they had us fill out before the interview.

They offered me the job during this call.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how early I was willing to arrive and leave the store.

I knew the opening and closing times of the store so I just said I was willing to come in hour early before opening and if I came in later, I was willing to stay until close.

We had a brief misunderstanding and I didn't know how early or late I was supposed to be available. I was told some team members arrive at the store as early as 4am.

We ended up settling on a time closer to opening.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

As a recent grad, I asked for 9 dollars an hour for a part time position. They offered me 9.50 an hour.