DICK'S Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

2.0

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in November 2017.

Interview

Applied in early October. Got a call one month later asking if I’m interested and we set up an interview date. I interviewed with the assistant manager at first. It consisted of tell me about yourself and behavioral questions and it went very well so we set up another interview date with the store manager. Second interview consisted of behavioral questions and got the job offer immediately.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

Went Great! Looking for people with positive, bubbly attitudes that are comfortable with talking to people. Manager was very nice to talk with. After the 1:1 interview you have to take this online survey about yourself which determines if you’re a junkie or a thief.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Reno, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

They sent me into a back office where I wasn't acknowled for half an hour with four other people in the room gossiping about customers. When the manager finally sat down with me we were interrupted, not kidding, twelve time. What would have been about a 15 minute ordeal took an hour. Every time I started to talk the manager would stare off and you could see he wasn't paying attention.
    If it wasn't for the fact I needed I job quickly, I wouldn't have even bothered. This place is a disaster.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you work on your feet?
      Q:What is customer service to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule an interview three days later. Interviewed with the assistant store manager and took a "quiz" on the computer about workplace behavior. The first interview I was only asked about availability and my favorite sport. After the first interview I set up a second interview for the next day with the store manager where I was asked typical interview questions from a list of questions.
    Both interviews were very casual and conversational. The interviewers really just want to get to know you and learn about your personality to see if you would be a good fit!

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from being involved in sports?   Answer Question
    • If you were a customer what would stand out to you as "good customer service?"   Answer Question
    • Have you ever offered knowledgeable advice to someone?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Two step interview, worst interview I've ever been on. They ask you dumb questions. Then the second manger blankly state at you with an attitude trying to intimidate you saying things like "Ok, so what, why should I hire you? Am I gonna regret hiring you?"

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Lombard, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Very easy and quick. I had to go through 2 different interviews with different store managers. Brian and Bill were both great to talk to and made the interview seem less stressful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was okay. Interviewer was a fairly nice person. Had an intimidating vibe to him but there were instances where he offered his guidance in where I could be successful.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in February 2017.

Interview

Wasn't much of an interview to begin with. She called me on a Thursday and she asked what my availability is and if I'm going on a vacation anytime soon. What's my favorite athletic thing to do and on my last job how many times I was later (don't be honest just say none lol) and then asked for an interview. I'll be honest I didn't go because I ended up with another job.

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Federal Way, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Really easy, your typical run of the mill interview questions. The woman who interviewed me was great and ended up being the only manager that I could stand to be around. Just go in and be yourself, it will be really easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not receive the service you wanted. Describe a time where you had conflict in the work place either with co workers or customers, how did you react.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

There were two separate interviews, one with one of the department managers and one with the store manager. The department manager asked the real interview questions that are on every application (deaiing with stressful situations, how would you handle this, a time you received good/bad customer service), and the store manager asks how much you'd like to be paid and your schedule availability. If you make it to the store manager interview, it means you basically already landed the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sports do you play or have knowledge of?   1 Answer