DICK'S Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was okay. Interviewer was a fairly nice person. Had an intimidating vibe to him but there were instances where he offered his guidance in where I could be successful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in February 2017.

Interview

Wasn't much of an interview to begin with. She called me on a Thursday and she asked what my availability is and if I'm going on a vacation anytime soon. What's my favorite athletic thing to do and on my last job how many times I was later (don't be honest just say none lol) and then asked for an interview. I'll be honest I didn't go because I ended up with another job.

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Federal Way, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Really easy, your typical run of the mill interview questions. The woman who interviewed me was great and ended up being the only manager that I could stand to be around. Just go in and be yourself, it will be really easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not receive the service you wanted. Describe a time where you had conflict in the work place either with co workers or customers, how did you react.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

There were two separate interviews, one with one of the department managers and one with the store manager. The department manager asked the real interview questions that are on every application (deaiing with stressful situations, how would you handle this, a time you received good/bad customer service), and the store manager asks how much you'd like to be paid and your schedule availability. If you make it to the store manager interview, it means you basically already landed the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sports do you play or have knowledge of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email to set up an interview. There were two in person interviews, one with assistant manager and the other with the store manager. A few days later got a phone call offering the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Received phone call to set up interview, once there I was required to take a survey. The results of the survey determine whether or not you actually get to meet with someone for the interview. Of the results come back and no you are asked to leave with no further explanation. The associate that was going to conduct the interview made you feel like a common criminal as she walked you out.

Interview Questions

• Did not even get asked to interview after "failing" personality test...   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

The interview was very informal. This was expected for a college student. Had to answer questions on the phone, the manager would listen to feedback. He hired me on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Application was done online. The store did not accept applications in store. Follow up phone calls were forwarded to some kind of assistant or secretary and often did not make it to the ears of the hiring manager. In fact most of the communication went through this secretary.

Processes consisted of two interviews, one with an assistant manager, and one with who I am assuming was the store manager. Very straight forward first interview, basic and cookie cutter. Questions came from a sheet of paper, manager wrote down key parts of my responses down. Second interview more relaxed and "personal" as I believe the manager had already decided to make an offer, this interview was more of a friendly discussion than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Frederick, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about a week. I was called and asked if I could come in for an interview, they worked around my full time job and actually did both interviews all at once, just had to sit in the break room for about 10 minutes for the store manager to interview me. During the first interview I was taken to a computer to do a pretty easy personality test. Basic interview questions for the first interview, the second interview was the manager looking me in my eyes when asking questions that weren't on their paperwork

Interview Questions

• 1Q: What is your biggest strength and biggest weakness.
      2Q: Describe a time you handled a difficult customer?
      3Q: How do you know which customer to offer our credit card to?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my experience, my passions, and my life goals, then I was offered a better job as a customer service specialist if I could open up my availability.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me anything difficult or specific, just about me and my experience and what I do at my other job (it pertained to the job I was offered because of my experience.)   Answer Question