DICK'S Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

There were two separate interviews, one with one of the department managers and one with the store manager. The department manager asked the real interview questions that are on every application (deaiing with stressful situations, how would you handle this, a time you received good/bad customer service), and the store manager asks how much you'd like to be paid and your schedule availability. If you make it to the store manager interview, it means you basically already landed the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sports do you play or have knowledge of?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Received phone call to set up interview, once there I was required to take a survey. The results of the survey determine whether or not you actually get to meet with someone for the interview. Of the results come back and no you are asked to leave with no further explanation. The associate that was going to conduct the interview made you feel like a common criminal as she walked you out.

Interview Questions

• Did not even get asked to interview after "failing" personality test...   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Submitted an application and got a call for an interview a week or so later. They asked basic questions such as if you have any experience and situational questions. Took a personality quiz after the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were placed in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple easy straight forward! The interviewer was extremely casual and easy going. I would suggest to apply if you have a significant amount of knowledge in sports it will be very helpful! Interview is a 2 step process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Hunt Valley, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I went in for the interview it was a few simple questions I thought it went well but before I even got home from the interview I got an email saying they werent considering me

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about being a cashier?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Wilmington, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was quite easy however they led me on to believe that i was going to get a 2nd interview only to find out an hr after by an email that they found another candidate for the job position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for Apparel Sales Associate. They called the next day for an interview. When I got there they made me do a computer assessment. Then the interview... They asked me what sports I've played. I told him that I haven't really participated in sports, that I was just a fan. They asked random questions, that may or may not have been job related. But, the questions mostly had to do with sports. Which was expected, but for the position I applied for it seemed a little excessive. They said they were looking for someone to work cash register, for which I had no experience. He then told me he had other interviews and that he couldn't tell me if I had the job or not. That it depended on the qualifications of the other interviewees. I received a generic email a few days later,

"Thank you for your interest in possible employment with D. Sporting Goods. It was a pleasure talking with you and discussing opportunities with our company.

At this time, we are considering other candidates whose backgrounds and skills more closely match our needs. We will, however, retain your information. If an opportunity presents itself in the future,
    we may contact you at that time. Once again, thank you for your interest in D. Sporting Goods.

Sincerely,

D. Sporting Goods"

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

usually a 2 interview process over a two week period

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Huntsville, AL) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later about an interview. Ended up being a group interview but it was very relaxed. After the interview we took a test on the computer. Got a call a few days later to interview with the manager in charge of the cashiers. It went GREAT! He was very nice. Then he told me if he likes me I'll go to a third and final interview with the store manager. Got a call a couple days later for the final interview. I was told they'd be making decisions the next week, but I haven't gotten a call. Sooo.... yeah. Moving on!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interviewed with store manager. Normal questions asking about experience, and why would be good fit.