DICK'S Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.0

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interviewed with store manager. Normal questions asking about experience, and why would be good fit.

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

Interview

I got called in for an interview within a few days after applying. The interview was with the front end department manager. Dress well! But it was super easy. It really was not an interview. I came in, he talked about why it is great to work for Dick's Sporting Goods. He gave me a call a week later to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• There really were not any questions. If you have a passion for sports, then you fit within the company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

usually a 2 interview process over a two week period

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online, they called me a few weeks later asking if i had time for an interview. Went in the next week and the interview was very casual asking basic retail questions and experience. Was hired that day

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up an appointment for an interview within the next few weeks. The interview was fairly easy and comfortable but they do kind of judge based on whether or not you look at athletic.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online and was able to setup a date to interview. I show up at the hotel where the interview was taking place. I spoke with the hardline manager, then was asked to wait outside. I was later brought back in to speak with the store manager. I was hired right on the spot because they needed cashiers for their new store opening. I also dress and demonstrated maturity and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The store manager said that he can start me off at $8.00. I asked him if he can go higher. He shook his head and said no. I didn't pressure much because I really needed a job at the time. I later found out that other cashier got a start out pay at $8.50. I should have pressed harder. I recommend telling and reminding them how much experience you have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Durham, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Two one-on-one interviews. Both interviewers read from a packet, asked behavioral/situational questions and wrote down my responses. Between the interviews I took an online assessment that asked about my opinions on using drugs/alcohol while working, stealing and how lower level employees should be treated. The interviews and assessment took a total of 40 minutes. At the end I was offered a position, but declined because they couldn't compete with the pay rate I was offered at another retailer.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Louisville, KY) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about two weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview consisted of a 1 on 1 interview in which I was simply told of the job responsibilities. I then took a phone call consisting of questions regarding ethics and stealing.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in October 2011.

Interview

I applied to Dick's Sporting Goods for a cashier position at the end of August 2011 and landed an interview in the first week of Oct. 20ll. The interview was very basic and extremely quick, took less than 10 mins. My interviewer was nice but appeared as if she did not know what questions to ask. There were long awkward pauses between questions. Other than that my overall experience, I can say it was one of the easiest interviews I had ever done. I would have loved to work there because the staff seemed very nice and a fun group to work with.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in April 2011.

Interview

After appling on-line the website informed me of a interview date and time. Once at store was taken to a table in center of empty store and interviewed (mulitple interviews going on around me). Manager got up multiple times to answer phones or check other applicants in. After interview I was asked to return 5 hrs later for a second interview with the store manager. They focused on personality and sports minded

Interview Questions

• pre generated application questions that are standard for retail companies   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went round for round with store manager for almost an hour to get full time. I lost in the end. By the way didnt stay part time for more than a month.