DICK'S Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Thornton, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple questions and easy process. Had to go through two different interview with the lower level manager and with the store manager. During the second interview you do an online questionnaire. Consist of right vs. wrong questions, what have you done in the past, personal beliefs on certain actions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in February 2017.

Interview

Wasn't much of an interview to begin with. She called me on a Thursday and she asked what my availability is and if I'm going on a vacation anytime soon. What's my favorite athletic thing to do and on my last job how many times I was later (don't be honest just say none lol) and then asked for an interview. I'll be honest I didn't go because I ended up with another job.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email to set up an interview. There were two in person interviews, one with assistant manager and the other with the store manager. A few days later got a phone call offering the job

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Detroit, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

They will read a list of standard interview questions. Word for word. Very basic interview. Laid back, most candidates are 18 to 24 in age so the questions are basic.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped a customer or someone in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

There were two separate interviews, one with one of the department managers and one with the store manager. The department manager asked the real interview questions that are on every application (deaiing with stressful situations, how would you handle this, a time you received good/bad customer service), and the store manager asks how much you'd like to be paid and your schedule availability. If you make it to the store manager interview, it means you basically already landed the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sports do you play or have knowledge of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my experience, my passions, and my life goals, then I was offered a better job as a customer service specialist if I could open up my availability.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me anything difficult or specific, just about me and my experience and what I do at my other job (it pertained to the job I was offered because of my experience.)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Received phone call to set up interview, once there I was required to take a survey. The results of the survey determine whether or not you actually get to meet with someone for the interview. Of the results come back and no you are asked to leave with no further explanation. The associate that was going to conduct the interview made you feel like a common criminal as she walked you out.

Interview Questions

• Did not even get asked to interview after "failing" personality test...   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

The interview was very informal. This was expected for a college student. Had to answer questions on the phone, the manager would listen to feedback. He hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Chesterfield, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

First interview was with a low level manager. Asked typical questions. Took a quiz on the computer. The quiz was a skills type quiz. It asked the same question over and over, but reworded to see if you would answer consistently. Then did my second interview with the store manager, seemed like the same questions, then I was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Northborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Two separate interview sessions. Standard entry level questions regarding experience. Primarily looking to confirm potential for reliable attendance, willingness to be available on short notice. Position was advertised as full time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer?   Answer Question