DICK'S Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

2.0

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email to set up an interview. There were two in person interviews, one with assistant manager and the other with the store manager. A few days later got a phone call offering the job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Received phone call to set up interview, once there I was required to take a survey. The results of the survey determine whether or not you actually get to meet with someone for the interview. Of the results come back and no you are asked to leave with no further explanation. The associate that was going to conduct the interview made you feel like a common criminal as she walked you out.

Interview Questions

• Did not even get asked to interview after "failing" personality test...   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

The interview was very informal. This was expected for a college student. Had to answer questions on the phone, the manager would listen to feedback. He hired me on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Application was done online. The store did not accept applications in store. Follow up phone calls were forwarded to some kind of assistant or secretary and often did not make it to the ears of the hiring manager. In fact most of the communication went through this secretary.

Processes consisted of two interviews, one with an assistant manager, and one with who I am assuming was the store manager. Very straight forward first interview, basic and cookie cutter. Questions came from a sheet of paper, manager wrote down key parts of my responses down. Second interview more relaxed and "personal" as I believe the manager had already decided to make an offer, this interview was more of a friendly discussion than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Frederick, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about a week. I was called and asked if I could come in for an interview, they worked around my full time job and actually did both interviews all at once, just had to sit in the break room for about 10 minutes for the store manager to interview me. During the first interview I was taken to a computer to do a pretty easy personality test. Basic interview questions for the first interview, the second interview was the manager looking me in my eyes when asking questions that weren't on their paperwork

Interview Questions

• 1Q: What is your biggest strength and biggest weakness.
      2Q: Describe a time you handled a difficult customer?
      3Q: How do you know which customer to offer our credit card to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my experience, my passions, and my life goals, then I was offered a better job as a customer service specialist if I could open up my availability.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me anything difficult or specific, just about me and my experience and what I do at my other job (it pertained to the job I was offered because of my experience.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Janesville, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

1st interview was with store manager and 2nd was with assistant manager. Very easy process. Told me what the pay was and asked me if that was OK. After being offered the job he told me HR would email me an offer letter which they did 1 week later.

Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Northborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Two separate interview sessions. Standard entry level questions regarding experience. Primarily looking to confirm potential for reliable attendance, willingness to be available on short notice. Position was advertised as full time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

it was a brief 3 minute wait, and then the store manager came and introduced himself to everyone before the process began. It took place at the Marriot Hotel and multiple people were getting interviewed by different managers. It was spaced out with a steady paste.

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Thornton, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple questions and easy process. Had to go through two different interview with the lower level manager and with the store manager. During the second interview you do an online questionnaire. Consist of right vs. wrong questions, what have you done in the past, personal beliefs on certain actions.