DICK'S Sporting Goods Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

1.9

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Interview was really easy. Wasn't more than 10 minutes. I had to have a follow up interview to be cleared and hired as CSS. This was just a mandatory step of the hiring process. There was also a test that had to be taken.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a cashier was performing at an unsatisfactory rate?
    How would you handle a cash shortage?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Easy, had to do one with a supervisor and one with the manager. Horrible horrible company however. The manager had to reschedule with me as she was out of the office and then marked down the wrong interview time. When I went for the interview at the time we agreed upon, the supervisor came out and told me that my schedule is too busy for them and that its my fault I missed my interview when they are the ones who rescheduled and wrote down the wrong date and time. But because I'm the one who wants the job, I'm the one in the wrong. The way they talk to people is disgusting. Be more organized and respectful to potential employees. Glad I dodged that bullet.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Applies online and got a call within the next week. Met with both assistant managers for my interview at different times the same day, and then a final meet with the store manager on a different day to hire me on. Very laid-back and mostly behavioral questions. Emphasize your customer skills and knowledge and just be yourself. It helps if you have sports knowledge, but I didn't have much. Dress professional as always, and bring your resume and cover letter. Be prepared to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. Great job if your are in school or are at a mature age and would like something to do or earn some extra income (we had quite a few mature women and gentleman who worked here for fun!)

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Clarksville, TN).

Interview

Applied online prior to store opening and automatically was assigned an interview time during a time slot. Mass interviews took place in the empty store at department stations and mine was with the store manager. Interview was smooth and conducted like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Definitely interested in why there were gaps in employment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. One with the hiring/hr manager. And one with the department manager and the store manager. Both went well. Make sure to answer all questions throughly and honestly and make sure you have previous retail experience. It will make everything easier.

Interview Questions

• How did I deal with difficult situations. How did I deal with situations where no one was available to ask for help. Why did I leave previous job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in September 2015.

Interview

I was called and asked to come in for an interview maybe 1-2 weeks after applying. I was interviewed by 2 people who were both very friendly and had to complete a quick 50 question quiz. However, I was informed that they will not actually hire you into this position, everyone has to start out as a cashier. So that was highly misleading and disappointing to me.

Interview Questions

• How have you encouraged someone in a sport to go out and perform their best?   1 Answer

I was not looking for a cashier position paying $7.50/hour.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I actually applied for cashier but due to my experience as a head cashier at my previous job, the store manager offered the CSS position. The entire process took about a month. New Management was introduced and was in the process of changing staff

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous job. They asked how I handled an upset customer in the past and they wanted to know my personal experience as a customer where I recieved bad customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (West Memphis, AR) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with two different managers, the first manage asked all the questions and told me what they were looking for and how past employees failed. He then told me I had to come back later that evening to meet with a second manager. I came back and the manager said "if your cool with him your cool with me." *double thumbs up, walks off*

Interview Questions

• If you had stock to put away, a line of customers, and some other task to do what order would you attend to them?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Very basic interview, list your strengths your weaknesses. Then tell them a good story about how you resolved an issue in the workplace. The interviewer was very laid back and seemed to hint that I already had the position upon showing up.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Columbia, MD).

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me and brought me in for an initial interview with the department head. After that I came back a second time for a meeting with the store manager. Very straightforward interview going through my resume and experience, basic behavioral questions, asked about sports I played or was enthusiastic about.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, what they offer is what you get.