DICK'S Sporting Goods Footwear Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.1

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

They asked how my experience in sports would help me with this job and asked the usual "what would you do in this scenario" questions. The screening process is not long, which allows bad candidates to slip through on occasion.

Interview Questions

• How would your experience in [the sport you plated] help you with customers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Anonymous Employee in Liberty Township, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Liberty Township, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Cashiers easily pointed me where to go. The interviewer was really friendly easy to talk to. Asked me about passed work experience, past sports experience, and about my personal hobbies. Very smooth easy interview. Although I applied for Footwear Sales Associate they offered me a job in Team Sports.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Medford, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with footwear and hardlines manager. Footwear manager and i mainly talked our kids and family we clicked, the Hardlines was more business asked a lot of questions on previous work experience . by time i got home there was a email for consent for background check, I was called about week after the that , offered another position, i said yes was told look out for the email for offer that is how they do it, i waited 2 weeks called store talked to another supervisor they knew who i was said they give my info to admin person, Never heard from them so i accepted another offer elsewhere, Sad looks like a great place to work. So not sure what happen i called again, said someone would call me back never did.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how would i deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Pretty Simple, two interviews, asked basic personality questions and availability. Store is very shorthanded and needed employees relatively quickly. Managers seemed nice and store is well kept. Footwear is a difficult department to work in so they wanted highly motivated individuals there.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in June 2017.

Interview

Met the manager in his office and we walked around the store while he asked me many questions about myself and how i would approach different situations if they ever happened.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had an issue with a customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simple questions really asking about background in sports and why you would be a good fit for the job. Just more of a conversation than anything else where they are simply just trying to get to know you and how you are as a person

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Garden City, KS).

Interview

Called multiple times, had an interview it went by real quick there are two interviews though so you'll have to come back, you take a test and then you actually go through their questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I first got a call about a week later after I applied online. The first interview was mostly only "describe a time when" questions. After that was finished they made me take a opinions test that took about 15 mins. The second interview was mostly about availability and "describe a time when" questions all over again. Told me right away that I was hired after the second interview. Gave me an offer and I accepted!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 2 days later and interviewed at dicks the next day. I wore a nice collared shirt and tie and slacks and I had to locate where the interview was taking place myself. Interview lasted about 15 minutes and was really chill. I was asked a lot of simple questions about who I was and why I wanted to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite straightforward. I was called on the phone and was asked to come in the week after the call. Once at the store for the interview, I was interviewed by two managers. After the second manager, I gave the other administrators notification on when I could come in for training.

Interview Questions

• A time that I could not meet a deadline   1 Answer