DICK'S Sporting Goods Footwear Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Footwear Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.2

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simple questions really asking about background in sports and why you would be a good fit for the job. Just more of a conversation than anything else where they are simply just trying to get to know you and how you are as a person

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Garden City, KS).

Interview

Called multiple times, had an interview it went by real quick there are two interviews though so you'll have to come back, you take a test and then you actually go through their questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I first got a call about a week later after I applied online. The first interview was mostly only "describe a time when" questions. After that was finished they made me take a opinions test that took about 15 mins. The second interview was mostly about availability and "describe a time when" questions all over again. Told me right away that I was hired after the second interview. Gave me an offer and I accepted!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 2 days later and interviewed at dicks the next day. I wore a nice collared shirt and tie and slacks and I had to locate where the interview was taking place myself. Interview lasted about 15 minutes and was really chill. I was asked a lot of simple questions about who I was and why I wanted to work there.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was quick. I spoke with the manager about my experiences wearing footwear and willingness to learn about what made a great footwear associate. I got a fist-bump from the manager as she said they were going to hire me after my second in-person interview. I started about two weeks after the interview process. It was friendly, I think they needed more employees to cover hours at the time that I was hired. The other employees did not seem to like the job too much

Interview Questions

• What are your hours of availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview and hiring process was cool. They didn't ask me any crazy questions that didn't pertain to the job in which I applied. I was interviewed by the team lead, and she was great. i didn't feel uncomfortable at all during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Durham, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Questions about customer service related experiences, there was a two step process. i went in one day and spoke with a manager and they asked me questions about my experience and past jobs. Two days later I had the store manager call me to come in and meet with him and he asked the same questions and then told me that he could give me a job at 9.00/hr part time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer and if so how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Utica, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Utica, MI).

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later to come in for an interview. The interview was very straight forward and basic interview questions were asked such as strengths and weakness. There were a few situational questions asked as well. Two days after the interview I got a call saying I got the job. I began training that week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in April 2015.

Interview

super informal, met with an assistant manager at the store for about 15 minutes, was asked to take a computerized personality test, then was immediately offered a second interview the same day with the store manager, and then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• all questions revolved around leadership, sports, and past work experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Lansing, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process took about three weeks. 1) I applied online 2) Received a phone call from the office assistant asking when if be able to come in for an interview 3) Had an initial interview with Footwear manager, lasted about 20 minutes (was told to be on the lookout for a callback 4) Scheduled call for final interview with Store/Hiring manager, lasted about 10 minutes. I was asked pretty generic questions. None really relating to footwear as much as previous job experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to show your leadership skills? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question