DICK'S Sporting Goods Front End Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Front End Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Niles, IL).

Interview

It was a pretty basic interview, nothing special. The application took a very short time to complete and you can even apply for multiple positions throughout the store. They tell you which positions are hiring, so that makes it easier to see what they're looking for. I received a call for the interview less than 24 hours later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you made an impact on a customer that lead them to return to your place of work.
    Q: Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Spokane, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online they called the next day. I interviewed once with the soft lines manager and then met with the store manager for a final interview. Took a very short quiz about ethics and then was hired. Both interviews were pretty basic. They were really looking to hire immediately so they made the process easy.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pasadena, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a week after I applied online. I came in for an interview with one manager, and was told to wait for a call-back. I received the call-back several days later where I was interviewed with another manager who gave me the job on the spot. Both managers asked several questions about my experience with sports and customer related information.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question
    • What is the most rewarding thing about the sport that you play?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Springfield, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I entered the store and I waited (about 10 mins) for the operations manager to meet me for the interview. The interview was held in the cash office, standard interview questions were asked, no surprises. I then had to fill out a questionnaire about work place ethics and sign a form.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story about a time where you creatively solved a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Bloomington, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the job on the Dicks Sporting Goods Website. They then called me and told me when to come in for an interview. When I came in I was interviewed by one of the managers who was very nice. After that, I was asked to take one of those quizzes that asks questions relating to morals that are worded a whole bunch of different ways. Then another manager interviewed me and I was told I would get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working at a cash register?   Answer Question
    • What other items in the store are you knowledgeable on?   Answer Question
    • If someone asked what styles are trending right now what would you tell them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Manassas, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying to the company I was called in for an interview with the Front End Manager. The manager asked questions these questions are basically the same as you see on the application. Work experience that sort of thing. There were a few questions that were asked that they wanted a more detailed answer to.

After that the manager stepped out of the room while I was taking an assessment test. During this time they were inquiring if the store manager could interview me after the test. The Front End manager came back after I was finished with the test and introduced me to the Store Manager who took me to their office and gave a short interview which included a few short questions and their detailed answers most of these questions were the same ones I had already answered. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you showed outstanding Customer Service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Holly Springs, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Very professional interview. I was looking for a job to get after I graduated out of school. They were flexible with hours when I asked. The manager hosting the interview was very professional and laid back. It made me feel welcomed and not nervous. I enjoyed the whole hiring process it was very different from other I had Been involved in. My advice is don't be nervous and just be your self .

Interview Questions

• Where was your best experience at a big chain store.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Tustin, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online on their website and was called in for an interview the day after with the Store Manager. Simple, 1 hour interview about customer service and personal ability, as well as some situational questions. Received a call next day and accepted position

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you received terrible customer service, and how you would have personally handed it.   Answer Question