DICK'S Sporting Goods Front End Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Elk Grove, CA).

Interview

It was a very simple and fast process. Interview with the assistant manager, then the Store manager, bring social security card and license (or other I9 documents) because they hire on the spot. Took about an hour and a half total.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very quick and easy going. He asked me very simple questions. Process was very quick overall. They asked me about 7 questions at the most. They scheduled my interview immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Niles, IL).

Interview

It was a pretty basic interview, nothing special. The application took a very short time to complete and you can even apply for multiple positions throughout the store. They tell you which positions are hiring, so that makes it easier to see what they're looking for. I received a call for the interview less than 24 hours later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you made an impact on a customer that lead them to return to your place of work.
      Q: Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Spokane, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online they called the next day. I interviewed once with the soft lines manager and then met with the store manager for a final interview. Took a very short quiz about ethics and then was hired. Both interviews were pretty basic. They were really looking to hire immediately so they made the process easy.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pasadena, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a week after I applied online. I came in for an interview with one manager, and was told to wait for a call-back. I received the call-back several days later where I was interviewed with another manager who gave me the job on the spot. Both managers asked several questions about my experience with sports and customer related information.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question
    • What is the most rewarding thing about the sport that you play?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Christiana, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Christiana, DE) in October 2015.

Interview

You walk to the back, they ask you questions about yourself and name some instances you have had to deal with things. Then, they will let you know immediately if they will ask you for a round two interview with the head manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where a customer was in a hurry but a system was malfunctioning. How did you keep the customer calm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Springfield, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I entered the store and I waited (about 10 mins) for the operations manager to meet me for the interview. The interview was held in the cash office, standard interview questions were asked, no surprises. I then had to fill out a questionnaire about work place ethics and sign a form.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story about a time where you creatively solved a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Bloomington, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the job on the Dicks Sporting Goods Website. They then called me and told me when to come in for an interview. When I came in I was interviewed by one of the managers who was very nice. After that, I was asked to take one of those quizzes that asks questions relating to morals that are worded a whole bunch of different ways. Then another manager interviewed me and I was told I would get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working at a cash register?   Answer Question
    • What other items in the store are you knowledgeable on?   Answer Question
    • If someone asked what styles are trending right now what would you tell them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Manassas, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying to the company I was called in for an interview with the Front End Manager. The manager asked questions these questions are basically the same as you see on the application. Work experience that sort of thing. There were a few questions that were asked that they wanted a more detailed answer to.

After that the manager stepped out of the room while I was taking an assessment test. During this time they were inquiring if the store manager could interview me after the test. The Front End manager came back after I was finished with the test and introduced me to the Store Manager who took me to their office and gave a short interview which included a few short questions and their detailed answers most of these questions were the same ones I had already answered. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you showed outstanding Customer Service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Cleveland, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on indeed and received a phone call within a week and set up the interview for the following day. Went in for my interview and was taken to the office shortly after arriving where I interviewed with the main store manager this was about 3 years ago..now I've heard you interview with the department manager for which you applied and fro, there they decide if you come in for a second interview with the head store manager

Interview Questions

• Why Do you like dicks sporting goods?   1 Answer