DICK'S Sporting Goods Hardlines Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Hardlines Manager Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

No one called me after applying, I had to call them myself. I was then put on hold for about 5 minutes and then he looked at my resume and asked when I could come in for an interview. the interview was Very informal, didn't really ask any hard questions.

Interview Questions

• When is a time where you had an issue with an employee.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Hardliners Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Shreveport, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

The whole thing took like a month and a half. Interviewed with store manager, district LP, and district manager. Did training in the store I applied for. Very long pricess.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall specific questions just a lot of experience questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Albany, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Ask how you push metrics at your former job, and big emphasis on customer service. It was just basic questions because I was referred. Not that hard of a process anyways as long as you tell them you'll work whenever they need you, you got the job. One of my fellow managers, great guy could barely speak a sentence, no grammar or spelling or etiquette at that, but they loved him because he would work 70 hours a week.

Negotiation

They offered me 10% more on my current salary. The max they can give you is 20% more than your current salary, so keep that in mind when doing salary negotiation. You better ask for more mandatory six day work weeks, and work 10 plus hours a day. If there's a corporate visit give your family a kiss, and you'll see them after the visit because you will work day and night.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Novi, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

it was a joke... i was interviewed by someone who had to print off the questions that they ask for an interview. I was more qualified for the job than the person interviewing me. The odd questions they asked were in regards to situations that would never arise in that type of atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• When have you gone above and beyond.   1 Answer

Hardlines Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in December 2011.

Interview

I had one interview with the district manager who showed up late to the interview. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of questions about my employment history and what I could bring to the table for his company.

Interview Questions

• If you were the owner of your current store how would you change it?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is your worst management characteristic?   Answer Question

Chose to stay with my current company