DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

743 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commack, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Commack, NY).

Interview

Basic behavioral type questions. If you previously had work experience, it would help but not required. I met sales associate who got exposure to the sales team for the 1st time.

Interview Questions

• -How did you hear about us?
      -Which sport you like?
      -Tell us about a time when you had a bad experience with a customer and what you did to fix it?
      -Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer?
      -Tell us about a time when you worked with a group, and how did it go?   Answer Question

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Saugus, MA).

Interview

fairly straight forward, nothing to intense, just basically wants to get to know you more. All and all not a bad experience in my opinion. Gives you the basic run down of daily functions of the job.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Pretty Simple, two interviews, asked basic personality questions and availability. Store is very shorthanded and needed employees relatively quickly. Managers seemed nice and store is well kept. Footwear is a difficult department to work in so they wanted highly motivated individuals there.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Two step interview, worst interview I've ever been on. They ask you dumb questions. Then the second manger blankly state at you with an attitude trying to intimidate you saying things like "Ok, so what, why should I hire you? Am I gonna regret hiring you?"

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

There are 2 interviews. Both times I arrived, my interviewer was not prepared, and for my second interview, the manager who was supposed to interview me didn't even have work that day. I was asked some of the same questions during both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry or unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you used personal knowledge to persuade someone to use a certain product.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to act as a leader or motivator.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in June 2017.

Interview

Met the manager in his office and we walked around the store while he asked me many questions about myself and how i would approach different situations if they ever happened.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had an issue with a customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Elk Grove, CA).

Interview

It was a very simple and fast process. Interview with the assistant manager, then the Store manager, bring social security card and license (or other I9 documents) because they hire on the spot. Took about an hour and a half total.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Natick, MA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call back to set up an interview. Set one up within a couple days. Met with manager, then did a second interview with the store manager. Started within a week. Process wasn't too bad but didn't expect two separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific example of when you experienced bad customer service from somewhere else and how you would fix it if it were you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time how you motived someone else.   Answer Question

Interview

Simple questions really asking about background in sports and why you would be a good fit for the job. Just more of a conversation than anything else where they are simply just trying to get to know you and how you are as a person

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

Official U.S. weather, marine, fire and aviation forecasts, warnings, meteorological products, climate forecasts and information about meteorology.Short Range Forecast Discussion NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD 405 PM EDT Wed Apr 05 2017 Valid 00Z Thu Apr 06 2017 - 00Z Sat Apr 08 ...