DICK'S Sporting Goods Lodge Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Lodge Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.2

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in June 2016.

Interview

Applied a week or so before online and got a call for a interview the next day. Talked mostly about sports and what I was into firearms wise. Got a informal offer and scheduled a 2nd interview with the store manager a hour later. After the 2nd interview I got offered a conditional offer pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked me how much I wanted and they gave me more.

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was short, asking me about what sports/activities that I enjoy. How often I do them. Didn't realize that there was multiple stages in getting hired. Overall I thought it went well. Until I just received an email telling me that they were now considering people who are closer to candidates whose background and skills more closely match our current needs.

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Apply online, follow up call a week later. If they don't respond keep trying. Most of the time the manager is busy running the store and can't always take a phone call.

Interview Questions

• The interview will be 90% over customer service, experience and different scenarios. The other 10% will be knowledge over the products in your particular department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Littleton, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

A series of 6-8, Q & A's conducted by the Manager for situational, and or actual experiences I encountered as a Sales Associate with actual Customer interaction.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked for several senarios of how I would conduct myself with a customer inquiry about any camping, fishing, hunting product. Also I was asked to describe a negative prior sales experience and how I handle the negative customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiating due to company set range of hourly pay. I came with exerience in sales so Manager was able to get me the top pay for a P/T Sales Associate.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Santa Rosa, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Application online, followed up by calling in, then an interview with the store manager. I was an employee referral so I already had the in for the job. Honestly I probably had more questions for him then he did for me.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in fishing and firearms?   1 Answer

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week. Came in for an interview with the associate manager. He asked basic questions about my experience with outdoor goods. Immediately had an interview with the store manager. Her questions were about the same. They offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. All it took was being able to hold a conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In the initial interview he gave me a rough figure and when they offered me the job they said they would stick to the original figure he mentioned but it would break the wage scale so they would have to get it approved.

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in June 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was extremely drawn out. I had to make phone calls to the corporate headquarters and my local store's HR department multiple times to get my application checked in the first place. Also the company career website is updated infrequently which led me to apply for a position that was no longer available.

Application

Interview

Everything went very quick. Submitted my resume online and heard back within days. Had two interviews one with basically an assistant manager, and then one with the store manager. Both were very straight forward interviews with logical questions involving my knowledge of the outdoors. Also involved questions regarding what brands and equipment I use.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything in particular that was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation phase. Later, closer to when I went back to school, I found out a few of my co workers were making more than $4-6 more, and they were hired more than 3-4 months after me.

Anonymous Employee in Steubenville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Steubenville, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

It was relatively simple process. I had an interview the with assistant manager, then took an integrity test, then had an interview with the store manager. I was very qualified for the job so everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Augusta, ME) in September 2013.

Interview

1st interview went great, scheduled me for a second interview the next week, and the person who was supposed to do the interview wasn't available and they rescheduled me for the next week and sent me home. The 3rd time they somehow lost all my info and had me take a pre-employment test with "what would you do " questions. They said when they found my paperwork they would call me back, they never did. Great store but the way it was run seemed very unorganized.

Interview Questions

• A man and his kid want to start hunting whitetail deer and need to be outfitted with the proper gear. What do recommend do them?   Answer Question