DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

it was a brief 3 minute wait, and then the store manager came and introduced himself to everyone before the process began. It took place at the Marriot Hotel and multiple people were getting interviewed by different managers. It was spaced out with a steady paste.

Footwear Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in August 2015.

Interview

Nice and casual interview, was looking for a fun part time job, and be around and talk about sneakers. Very down to earth and it seemed like a sure thing. Think again.

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Dulles, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Had a bad experience. Took me 3 years just to get an interview. I won't work here if they paid me large sums of money. The recruiter was rude, the interview place was in a storage room, wasn't very professional. Was asked questions and most of them didn't make sense. They rejected most of my applications, by the 50th one, they finally extended an interview.

Merchandising Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. It was my first interview out of school and it is still the hardest phone interview I have had until this day. It consisted of about 25 intense behavorial interview questions, "Tell me about a time when".. "When was a time you went above and beyond". It also had a mix of the standard questions, "Why do you want to work for Dick's?" . At the end of the interview the recruiter was very adamant and firm when asking "What questions do you have for me". It was very intimidating for my first interview, but I definitely learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• "Besides a school group project, when was a time that you went above and beyond in a group setting?"   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was on the more difficult side I'd say. There were two 30-minute interviews back to back for me. The first interview was with a woman and the second interview was with a man.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to act as a leader and resolve a problem within a group setting.   1 Answer

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Christiansburg, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then a few days later a woman called me and asked me to come in for an interview the next day. She didn't seem very nice on the phone, so that should have been my first warning. So, I got to my interview and waited for a few minutes and then the girl comes out and introduces herself to me, and STILL doesn't seem too friendly. We started the interview, and right off the bat she made me uncomfortable because she acted like she didn't even want to be there. It seemed like she wanted the interview to end before it even started. I honestly don't think she smiled the entire time she was talking to me. Basically she had a packet of LITERALLY like 20 questions that it seemed like she just pulled off of the internet. It felt like I was in school and I was being graded or something. I knew how to answer most of the questions, but a few of them caught me off guard because they seemed like weird things to be asking someone who was just applying to be an apparel associate at a sporting goods store. So basically what I'm saying is, if you're planning on applying to the one in Christiansburg, VA and a girl that doesn't sound very friendly answers the phone, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important part of running a register?   1 Answer

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

The interview process was very long. I met with 4 people over the span of 5 hours. It was divided into two sections. Each interview was only an hour but I was literally there half the day. The questions were reasonable but I will say that the Human Resources Manager did not seem very prepared.

Interview Questions

• What type of team environment do you look for in a job?   Answer Question

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

You may have one or two interviews depending on availability of managers. Very specific questions are asked about customer service. Be prepared to think quickly and answer the questions asked, clearly and precisely.

Interview Questions

• give a specific situation , what you did and what happened as a result   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn Pitt, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Penn Pitt, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interactive interview with a panel of Upper management. You interview with Loss Prevention, Human Resources, District Managers (several) and Regional Managers. There was a store tour, a sit down with human resources, a sit down with multiple district managers, and a sit down with the regional manager going over business reviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if we gave a store to you right now?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

5 step process consisting of recruiter, DM, RVP loss prevention, RVP HR, RVP operations. Phone interviews were very in depth, covering challenges, multiple weaknesses and how you can overcome them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a decision you made that didn't work, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question