DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.1

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

it was a brief 3 minute wait, and then the store manager came and introduced himself to everyone before the process began. It took place at the Marriot Hotel and multiple people were getting interviewed by different managers. It was spaced out with a steady paste.

Footwear Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in August 2015.

Interview

Nice and casual interview, was looking for a fun part time job, and be around and talk about sneakers. Very down to earth and it seemed like a sure thing. Think again.

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Dulles, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Had a bad experience. Took me 3 years just to get an interview. I won't work here if they paid me large sums of money. The recruiter was rude, the interview place was in a storage room, wasn't very professional. Was asked questions and most of them didn't make sense. They rejected most of my applications, by the 50th one, they finally extended an interview.

Merchandising Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. It was my first interview out of school and it is still the hardest phone interview I have had until this day. It consisted of about 25 intense behavorial interview questions, "Tell me about a time when".. "When was a time you went above and beyond". It also had a mix of the standard questions, "Why do you want to work for Dick's?" . At the end of the interview the recruiter was very adamant and firm when asking "What questions do you have for me". It was very intimidating for my first interview, but I definitely learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• "Besides a school group project, when was a time that you went above and beyond in a group setting?"   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone interview they told you ALOT about the position. And you were able to explain what you knew about those things and how you would be an asset. Face to face interview was a tag team. They asked ALOT of scenario questions which was good. But it was almost like good cop bad cop. It made it difficult to talk about anything other than what they asked. I truthfully think DSG was one of the hardest interviews I had been on. It was impossible to tell if they liked you or not. Hiring process took a month to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked ALOT of scenario questions such as tell me what you have done in a situation where a customer did not provide you with the correct info.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Two step interview, worst interview I've ever been on. They ask you dumb questions. Then the second manger blankly state at you with an attitude trying to intimidate you saying things like "Ok, so what, why should I hire you? Am I gonna regret hiring you?"

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Natick, MA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call back to set up an interview. Set one up within a couple days. Met with manager, then did a second interview with the store manager. Started within a week. Process wasn't too bad but didn't expect two separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific example of when you experienced bad customer service from somewhere else and how you would fix it if it were you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time how you motived someone else.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

They prefer pretty, young people and will more than likely say no to older and less attractive people. They turn down good people because they don't relate. For example I've seen a manager say no because the guy interviewing seemed like a "frat boy" and he hated guys like that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a customer complaint and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was on the more difficult side I'd say. There were two 30-minute interviews back to back for me. The first interview was with a woman and the second interview was with a man.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to act as a leader and resolve a problem within a group setting.   1 Answer

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Christiansburg, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then a few days later a woman called me and asked me to come in for an interview the next day. She didn't seem very nice on the phone, so that should have been my first warning. So, I got to my interview and waited for a few minutes and then the girl comes out and introduces herself to me, and STILL doesn't seem too friendly. We started the interview, and right off the bat she made me uncomfortable because she acted like she didn't even want to be there. It seemed like she wanted the interview to end before it even started. I honestly don't think she smiled the entire time she was talking to me. Basically she had a packet of LITERALLY like 20 questions that it seemed like she just pulled off of the internet. It felt like I was in school and I was being graded or something. I knew how to answer most of the questions, but a few of them caught me off guard because they seemed like weird things to be asking someone who was just applying to be an apparel associate at a sporting goods store. So basically what I'm saying is, if you're planning on applying to the one in Christiansburg, VA and a girl that doesn't sound very friendly answers the phone, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important part of running a register?   2 Answers