DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward, and I really enjoyed the people I met with. Everyone is super team and sports oriented. Seems like great company to work for, and the interviews were very focused on shared love for fitness, so make sure you like sports if you are going to apply!

Interview Questions

• Did any of your friends purchase outdoor products based on your influence?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Hurst, TX).

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview for any type of big box retail location in a mall. Had a quick phone interview with the department manager, and then a face to face with the department manager. This face to face however was likely supposed to be with the store manager, but he was out of the office for one reason or another.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you've dealt with an unruly customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Very simple straight forward. Asked about my knowledge of sports and other experience and how i would sell certain merchandise. Very nice and was more like a conversation than an interview

Interview Questions

• They ask you what sport you would consider yourself and expert and ask you why you feel that way.   Answer Question

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was as easy as the majority of the comments describe. I practiced by reading questions others listed in their reviews. And also, I didn't have to take a test like quite a few people mentioned.

Phase 1- Interview with a manager & Phase 2- Interview with store manager. The lady I interviewed followed a sheet (probably provided by corporate). She wanted me for a second interview but wanted to make sure the store manager hadn't hired anyone from the previous day, but I still haven't heard back. I called a few days later & she said the manager was out of office for some conference & would contact me when she can speak with him, but again, still haven't heard anything (Been 1wk 1/2).

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pearland, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

You have to complete an online application on their home website. Then, if they like the application, they send an email with a link to schedule an interview via the Internet.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

They called me within a week, the interview process was fairly simple asked me a few questions about sports I've played...etc. They had me take a survey test and told me they'd call me and let me know if I passed the test and set up a 2nd interview with the store manager. It was a nice, fast and easy process.

Backstock Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union Gap, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Union Gap, WA).

Interview

There are 2 sets of interviews, one with an assistant manager and the second with the store manager. There were series of questions on you and sports, then about skills and background experience. Be prepared to give detailed description of experience you had in prior jobs, and explanations of how you used your skills in past experiences. The second interview is more on the position you are applying for, and why you feel you are a great candidate for the position. It also goes over more in-depth questions on the position, ando how you will react in situations and skills you will bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a successful outcome at a leadership position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied for the position which had a test that went along with the application. I got called in for the 1st of two interviews. I met with who would ultimately be my boss. She asked general questions and my Sporting goods knowledge. For my second interview I met with the store manager. Very easy going interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Dicks Sporting Goods? Do you play/have a lot of knowledge about sports?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Talked to store manager multiple times over the phone. Was told each time that she was waiting on her staff and the district manager before she could set an person to person interview and that she was going to get back to me in a few days. I would follow up with her at the beginning of each week just to be told the same thing. Finally found out that the job was closed when I was looking at other store locations. Never received a call back after that, just that they will get back to me.

Soft Lines Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Fremont, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

applied online. Called in for an interview last minute. Interview lasted an hour. Basic management comments. I always dress up for interviews but not suit and tie material. They did not ask any questions about sports but I am sure its ice to know something.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about your retail background?   1 Answer