DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in November 2017.

Interview

Applied in early October. Got a call one month later asking if I’m interested and we set up an interview date. I interviewed with the assistant manager at first. It consisted of tell me about yourself and behavioral questions and it went very well so we set up another interview date with the store manager. Second interview consisted of behavioral questions and got the job offer immediately.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

Went Great! Looking for people with positive, bubbly attitudes that are comfortable with talking to people. Manager was very nice to talk with. After the 1:1 interview you have to take this online survey about yourself which determines if you’re a junkie or a thief.

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Huntington Beach, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Had wait 15 minutes initially but the manager came out soon enough and was very friendly. Interview went quite smooth. Very relaxing and manageable. All the questions were fairly simple and easy to answer. As stated before, the manager was very friendly so the interview does not feel pressured at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to take on a leadership role.   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liberty Township, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Liberty Township, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Cashiers easily pointed me where to go. The interviewer was really friendly easy to talk to. Asked me about passed work experience, past sports experience, and about my personal hobbies. Very smooth easy interview. Although I applied for Footwear Sales Associate they offered me a job in Team Sports.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question

Warehouse Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conklin, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Conklin, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

take a personality and skills test
    pass first round of group interview - skills personality test
    gave me offer, had to go through HR first though?
    pass second round of interview with HR - personality test
    take a drug test, submit to backround check

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in November 2017.

Interview

Since it was nearing the holiday season I had both interviews same day and set up HR features and schedule the following day. After completing HR and log on requirements I then proceeded to start orientation and learning about there in house G.A M.E face customer care training.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you provided exceptional customer service and went above and beyond.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview next day. Took a test that pretty much just judged if you were a compulsive liar or thief. Passed the test so interview process proceeded. Asked some questions about retail experience, what department I want to work in (which didn't matter because they place you wherever they want) and availability.

Manager of Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Phone screen with the hiring director. In person interview with HR, hiring director, matrix director, and controller. HR gave a facility tour, described the various extracurricular activities on campus and discussed compensation. Questions with the department were behavioral.

Dicks Sporting Goods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Bloomington, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

1-hour long behavioral interview. They asked basic interview questions, and it helps if you have retail experience. Definitely, depends on your interviewer. I had back to back 30-minute interviews, in which the first was very conversational and I could tell the interviewer was getting to know me better, and in the second interview, it was a lot more structured with direct questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you've had to deal with a difficult manager.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Las Cruces, NM) in October 2017.

Interview

Went through two interviews and a computer personality test. The first interview was held with the hiring manager. He had a packet of questions and most of them were previous job related. I then took a computer test and once I passed, I was given a second interview with the store manager. The store manager also had a booklet of questions. However, the questions were more sports related. I had thought the interview went well; she said to be expected a call although I never received one.