DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.1

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, after the application, you automatically set up an interview online. Interview was about an hour long. It was two parts. It was a fairly easy interview and I was hired on the spot during the second part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your last employer, what were they to say about you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Juliet, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Mount Juliet, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy interview and they didn't ask too many questions. Everyone was friendly and to the point. It is not a hard position and they seem to be flexible. Overall it seems like a fun position.

Lodge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and they were hesitant to call me because I selected I couldnt work weekends. I said that because I fish tournaments on some weekends, so that was okay. Interviewed by the store manager and the hardlines manager. Questions were your typical interview questions. They wont give you an offer in person, they will email you the offer. I had an offer before I made it out the front door. Background check only for lodge and cashier positions. No drug test.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Two step interview, worst interview I've ever been on. They ask you dumb questions. Then the second manger blankly state at you with an attitude trying to intimidate you saying things like "Ok, so what, why should I hire you? Am I gonna regret hiring you?"

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

There are 2 interviews. Both times I arrived, my interviewer was not prepared, and for my second interview, the manager who was supposed to interview me didn't even have work that day. I was asked some of the same questions during both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry or unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you used personal knowledge to persuade someone to use a certain product.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to act as a leader or motivator.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in June 2017.

Interview

Met the manager in his office and we walked around the store while he asked me many questions about myself and how i would approach different situations if they ever happened.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had an issue with a customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Lombard, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Very easy and quick. I had to go through 2 different interviews with different store managers. Brian and Bill were both great to talk to and made the interview seem less stressful.

Footwear Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Newport, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Really nice interview. Had first interview with the assistant manager and second interview with the main store manager. Asked me alot of questions about sports and some basic customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed leadership while playing a sport   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Elk Grove, CA).

Interview

It was a very simple and fast process. Interview with the assistant manager, then the Store manager, bring social security card and license (or other I9 documents) because they hire on the spot. Took about an hour and a half total.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Natick, MA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call back to set up an interview. Set one up within a couple days. Met with manager, then did a second interview with the store manager. Started within a week. Process wasn't too bad but didn't expect two separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific example of when you experienced bad customer service from somewhere else and how you would fix it if it were you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time how you motived someone else.   Answer Question