DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.2

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Olathe, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called and answered a few questions from the manager before being asked about my availability. Once I came in, I interviewed with that same manager. At the end of the interview, he asked if I could fill out a 15 minute personality questionnaire and then asked me to return for a second interview in which I did. The second interview was with a different manager but almost identical to the first.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions- how to handle customer situations; how to handle team member situations; etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. This is a second, part time job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Frederick, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about a week. I was called and asked if I could come in for an interview, they worked around my full time job and actually did both interviews all at once, just had to sit in the break room for about 10 minutes for the store manager to interview me. During the first interview I was taken to a computer to do a pretty easy personality test. Basic interview questions for the first interview, the second interview was the manager looking me in my eyes when asking questions that weren't on their paperwork

Interview Questions

• 1Q: What is your biggest strength and biggest weakness.
      2Q: Describe a time you handled a difficult customer?
      3Q: How do you know which customer to offer our credit card to?
      1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Morristown, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. The interviewer was the store manager for the new store and he was very friendly and not overbearing. I was asked an amount of set behavioral type questions and then a few sports-related, but still behavioral, questions. After the questions we just had a normal conversation and I thought that it went well.

Footwear Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morganton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Morganton, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Took about two or three weeks after I submitted app online to get a call. Had an interview with the assistant manager. It was really nice laid back. He called me same day to set up a second interview with the head manager two days after the first.

Interview Questions

• What was a time I did more than what was expected of me and what was result?   1 Answer
    • What was a time I inspired or pushed another person to be great?   Answer Question
    • When was a time I dealt with a unhappy customer? What happened? How did I handle situation? What was result?   Answer Question
    • They'll ask you to name a sport your into and ask questions about it later. I chose hiking. He asked me how often I hiked and how hiking had inspired me in anyway.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my experience, my passions, and my life goals, then I was offered a better job as a customer service specialist if I could open up my availability.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me anything difficult or specific, just about me and my experience and what I do at my other job (it pertained to the job I was offered because of my experience.)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Interview was really easy. Wasn't more than 10 minutes. I had to have a follow up interview to be cleared and hired as CSS. This was just a mandatory step of the hiring process. There was also a test that had to be taken.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a cashier was performing at an unsatisfactory rate?
      How would you handle a cash shortage?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Easy, had to do one with a supervisor and one with the manager. Horrible horrible company however. The manager had to reschedule with me as she was out of the office and then marked down the wrong interview time. When I went for the interview at the time we agreed upon, the supervisor came out and told me that my schedule is too busy for them and that its my fault I missed my interview when they are the ones who rescheduled and wrote down the wrong date and time. But because I'm the one who wants the job, I'm the one in the wrong. The way they talk to people is disgusting. Be more organized and respectful to potential employees. Glad I dodged that bullet.

Footwear Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Brookfield, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

Got called in for an interview with two managers and got through that with flying colors. I then sat alone in the break room for about 30 minutes and was asked to take a survey which I did and then I was told I'd meet with the store manager only to be told my supervisory skills weren't enough to meet "Dicks Sporting Goods Standards". Big waste of time they expect you to have YEARS of management experience for a job that pays 10.00 an hr.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I first got a call about a week later after I applied online. The first interview was mostly only "describe a time when" questions. After that was finished they made me take a opinions test that took about 15 mins. The second interview was mostly about availability and "describe a time when" questions all over again. Told me right away that I was hired after the second interview. Gave me an offer and I accepted!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within a week a email saying they were interested and would like me to schedule an interview went to it on a Monday and received a call the next day to schedule a second interview haven't been to next interview yet wish me luck

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a Dicks   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you motivated some out to do there full potential   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you preformed outstanding costumer service or received excellent customer service   Answer Question