DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Received phone call to set up interview, once there I was required to take a survey. The results of the survey determine whether or not you actually get to meet with someone for the interview. Of the results come back and no you are asked to leave with no further explanation. The associate that was going to conduct the interview made you feel like a common criminal as she walked you out.

Interview Questions

• Did not even get asked to interview after "failing" personality test...   Answer Question

Golf Club Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process was different than any other I had had previously.. Online testing and then just basic questions.. The turnover rate there is high so Im assuming maybe that would have something to do with the overall process

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have handled a situation with an upset customer and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Fitness Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Lafayette, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview went very smooth. Jared and Scott was very friendly and nice. I am very happy they are giving me a chance to work with Dicks sporting goods. I love love to sell fitness and taking care of customers.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Came into store for interview with manager. He asked me about my experience and interest in retail and sports. Then took a online values quiz afterwards. Follow up interview required.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge you had in your retail/sales experience.   Answer Question

Golf Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

it was fine, just talked about who i was and what not, i was told they were looking for 3 people but they just didnt have funding currently.i would've loved to join the team and work there had i been given the oppertunity.

Interview Questions

• availability? why dicks? what sports you played? things of that nature.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

The interview was very informal. This was expected for a college student. Had to answer questions on the phone, the manager would listen to feedback. He hired me on the spot.

Merchandising Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round was an informal overview of the process
    2nd round was a behavioral interview, pretty basic and easy, people were easy to talk to and very conversational. Asked me how sports affected my life, time I failed etc.
    3rd round they flew me and about 30 others to Pittsburgh and showed us around the offices and the city, took us to a nice dinner. Interview was harder and not as conversational

Interview Questions

• When have you made a quick decision?
      Explain a time you've used data   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Marietta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked in for my interview and was brought to the break room to wait for a manager. I was then interviewed by one manager-basic questions. Are you passionate about sports, what you would do in certain situations, and basic availability and past experience. After talking with the first manager I was interviewed by another store manager with similar questions. It was very casual as we were standing in the golf section leaning on a clothing rack.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

They briefly went over my leadership skills, asking for my judgment based on certain scenarios. Most of the time the managers know who they're going to promote before they even post the job internally or externally. If the want you, you will know before hand. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• How do you forecast what your team needs to do for the shift.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview was relatively brief, I was asked mostly about my knowledge relevant to the sports passions that I share. Questions relevant to actual leadership were limited to how do you handle accountability. Although I came prepared to answer deeper questions, it seems like they just want somebody who knows about sports and not necessarily about retail leadership or merchandising abilities.

Interview Questions

• What professional or college sports teams do you follow?   1 Answer