DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Very simple and really no time spent talking to me about my experience. Talk to one manager and then came back 2 days later to talk to another manager.

Merchandising Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed first to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was very pleasant. Most of the questions he asked was about customer service and my classes in college. There weren't any of the traditional "what are your weakness" and such questions.

Footwear Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Olathe, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was quick, but fun. Many personal questions such as activities you enjoy outside of work, what do you do in your free time, and past job experience. I immediately got asked to do the second interview the same day, this interview was more of scenarios and experience in pass work environments.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in October 2016.

Interview

I didn't get hired because I didn't pass a certain part of the test. I was interviewed for about 5 minutes and took the test and didn't pass it so I wasn't able to continue to the real interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview with recruiter, then HR manager, then store manager, then district manager. Lengthy process. Asked several questions, all situational in nature. Best to answer with what the situation was, what you did about it and outcome. Very minimal follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to manage shifting priorities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate more vacation but they are firm on salary.

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Oxford, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

Sat in a Restaurant Interview after lunch hours, many people were still around eatin, very noisy.
    Felt like he was intimidated by my military background his many remarks was that I was overqualified and couldn't pay me what he thought I wanted. Informed him I just wanted to work and $10-12 would suffice. Interview needed, he never called after he stated he would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving military, for a position like this?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Buford, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Really easy process. They are really laid back and they dont ask you questions that are out of the ordinary. If you have past sports experience then that will come up more in the interview. They basically just want to get a feel of who you are as a person.

Interview Questions

• WHat made you apply to Dicks Sporting Goods   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Application was done online. The store did not accept applications in store. Follow up phone calls were forwarded to some kind of assistant or secretary and often did not make it to the ears of the hiring manager. In fact most of the communication went through this secretary.

Processes consisted of two interviews, one with an assistant manager, and one with who I am assuming was the store manager. Very straight forward first interview, basic and cookie cutter. Questions came from a sheet of paper, manager wrote down key parts of my responses down. Second interview more relaxed and "personal" as I believe the manager had already decided to make an offer, this interview was more of a friendly discussion than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Niles, IL).

Interview

It was a pretty basic interview, nothing special. The application took a very short time to complete and you can even apply for multiple positions throughout the store. They tell you which positions are hiring, so that makes it easier to see what they're looking for. I received a call for the interview less than 24 hours later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you made an impact on a customer that lead them to return to your place of work.
      Q: Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Morristown, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. The interviewer was the store manager for the new store and he was very friendly and not overbearing. I was asked an amount of set behavioral type questions and then a few sports-related, but still behavioral, questions. After the questions we just had a normal conversation and I thought that it went well.