DICK'S Sporting Goods Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

2.5

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone interview they told you ALOT about the position. And you were able to explain what you knew about those things and how you would be an asset. Face to face interview was a tag team. They asked ALOT of scenario questions which was good. But it was almost like good cop bad cop. It made it difficult to talk about anything other than what they asked. I truthfully think DSG was one of the hardest interviews I had been on. It was impossible to tell if they liked you or not. Hiring process took a month to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked ALOT of scenario questions such as tell me what you have done in a situation where a customer did not provide you with the correct info.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Came into store for interview with manager. He asked me about my experience and interest in retail and sports. Then took a online values quiz afterwards. Follow up interview required.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge you had in your retail/sales experience.   Answer Question

Merchandising Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round was an informal overview of the process
    2nd round was a behavioral interview, pretty basic and easy, people were easy to talk to and very conversational. Asked me how sports affected my life, time I failed etc.
    3rd round they flew me and about 30 others to Pittsburgh and showed us around the offices and the city, took us to a nice dinner. Interview was harder and not as conversational

Interview Questions

• When have you made a quick decision?
      Explain a time you've used data   Answer Question

Merchandising Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed first to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was very pleasant. Most of the questions he asked was about customer service and my classes in college. There weren't any of the traditional "what are your weakness" and such questions.

ECommerce Pricing and Promotions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying, I got an impromptu phone interview from someone in HR. The call probably lasted 20 minutes. She asked me why I want to work there, if I was familiar with Microsoft Excel and Access, and basic questions about my resume and experience. At the end of the call she said she would send her notes and my resume to the hiring manager and I would hear from them soon about setting up an in-person interview. I heard back the next day and we picked a time. I got a confirmation email with the job description and my interview schedule. I had two 45 minutes interviews, one with my would-be boss and the other with my would-be boss's boss. When I arrived, I first got a tour of the building from someone in HR then I had my two interviews. There were a lot of behavioral and situational questions. For example, "tell me about a time you were in this situation and how did you handle it" type of questions. I had to think back to past work/college experiences. I heard back from them 8 days later. They went with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you solved a problem in the workplace and how did it turn out?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you missed a deadline and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Coraopolis, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long however informational, several managers/parties had to interview me since I was applying from out of town. I got a tour of the building and lunch was provided. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard panel interview questions ranging from high level leadership teams to cross functional managers.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butler, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Butler, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews on the same day, one with the Sales Support Manager and then with the Store Manager. They were both very friendly and very enthusiastic about their jobs. They asked you basic interview questions, and asked about your involvement in sports and other questions of that nature. It was very easy, more like a conversation then an actual interview

Anonymous Employee in Butler, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Butler, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Went through two interviews. The first was to basically filter out people that didn't seem like they would fit the organization. The second was to confirm the applicant's want to work for them and place them in an area of specialization. Interview processes may differ from store to store though.

Interview Questions

• Are you a team player? Give me an example of how you were able to work as a team.   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process is very straightforward with 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. The questions are almost all behavior based. They want to gauge how well you work in teams and how well you communicate with people. The work environment at DCSG is very open and they want to ensure they're finding individuals who are easy to get along with and who are willing to work hard both on their own and on a team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a boss you didn't agree with?

Walk me through your resume.

Tell me about a time you failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Robinson, PA).

Interview

laid back managers seemed great. They let you know how big of a store it is and how busy it can get. Basically questioning your abilities on if you can handle it or not. Seemed like a lot of nice people worked there.

Interview Questions

• what is good customer service?   1 Answer