DICK'S Sporting Goods Principal UX Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Principal UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied to the position directly through a posting on LinkedIn. The recruiter contacted me about three weeks later for an initial interview. The recruiter asked about my availability for the first call, but did not confirm we were set for that time. He was almost 15 minutes late and I wasn't really sure if we would be meeting at all due to the lack of communication. Based on that call the recruiter was going to pass my information on and asked for my potential availability for a second call. Again, no confirmation was given that time would work nor was a calendar invite sent out. I ended up missing a call with the hiring manager later that week and when I reached back out to the recruiter I received a terse response, and no acknowledgement that the company would be interested in rescheduling. This is the only company that I've interviewed with in my career that was incapable of confirming a time and sending a calendar invite. This is the only company I've missed an interview with. I don't know how difficult it's been for them to find talented hires, and this may be a terrific place to work but I don't believe their HR department are doing them any favors based on their lack of fundamental skills.

Interview Questions