DICK'S Sporting Goods Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Hurst, TX).

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview for any type of big box retail location in a mall. Had a quick phone interview with the department manager, and then a face to face with the department manager. This face to face however was likely supposed to be with the store manager, but he was out of the office for one reason or another.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you've dealt with an unruly customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Came into store for interview with manager. He asked me about my experience and interest in retail and sports. Then took a online values quiz afterwards. Follow up interview required.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge you had in your retail/sales experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Very simple and really no time spent talking to me about my experience. Talk to one manager and then came back 2 days later to talk to another manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in October 2016.

Interview

I didn't get hired because I didn't pass a certain part of the test. I was interviewed for about 5 minutes and took the test and didn't pass it so I wasn't able to continue to the real interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within a week a email saying they were interested and would like me to schedule an interview went to it on a Monday and received a call the next day to schedule a second interview haven't been to next interview yet wish me luck

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a Dicks   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you motivated some out to do there full potential   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you preformed outstanding costumer service or received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy and straight forward. Asked general questions about background and what sports mean to you. After being hired they started training on multiple parts of the store. Then they worked me into the schedule slowly making sure I was not getting overwhelmed.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I'd be willing to clean the bathrooms if they ever overflowed.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was offered an interview in about a week or so. Interview was in the empty store that they were going to open soon. Interview was casual and comfortable. The hiring manager was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you helped a coworker or teammate who was struggling and how you did it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on a Monday, came in for interview in a Wednesday, interview was short and sweet, mainly spoke about customer service and my interest in sports, took a survey which depicted if you would make it to the second interview or not. Survey is basically to see how consistent you are with your answers and if you are a liar or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Garden City, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was quick and very casual if you know how to work a register or have previous retail experience you're easily hired. You have to be 18 to get the job or turning 18 within the week after 1st interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Rochester, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

This place is very unprofessional and incredibly slow. The first time I applied, I was more than qualified but because of my availability I checked on the application, my resume was ignored and I was not able to speak to a manager when I went in to follow up. It was rude service and I was ignored. My 2nd experience applying, being even more qualified, I called to follow up and was told they were not hiring. The next day I received a call asking me to interview. (Little confusing) The first interview with an HR person was easy, had to do an online survey. She said I was more than qualified but had to do another interview with the manager. Set it up for the next day and then they called to cancel it and schedule it 2 days later. Store manager said the same thing, that I was more than qualified and just what they needed in the department, but still wouldn't make me an offer. Waited another 3 days and recieved a call saying that because I had a summer job back home and was still on their payroll, Dicks could not hire me. So they wasted about 3 weeks of my time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Dicks, what sports do you play, example of angry customer, what is good customer service   Answer Question