DICK'S Sporting Goods Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

1.9

125 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Rochester, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Formal face to face then Integrity test. the interview is basic and easy. The integrity test you must answer strongly not in the middle like slightly or almost You must be percise like YES or NO

Interview Questions

• What would be your dream job to do in life.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview next day. Took a test that pretty much just judged if you were a compulsive liar or thief. Passed the test so interview process proceeded. Asked some questions about retail experience, what department I want to work in (which didn't matter because they place you wherever they want) and availability.

Anonymous Employee in Commack, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Commack, NY).

Interview

Basic behavioral type questions. If you previously had work experience, it would help but not required. I met sales associate who got exposure to the sales team for the 1st time.

Interview Questions

• -How did you hear about us?
      -Which sport you like?
      -Tell us about a time when you had a bad experience with a customer and what you did to fix it?
      -Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer?
      -Tell us about a time when you worked with a group, and how did it go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Carbondale, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the a manager 2 days later to come in for an interview. I went in for my first interview with a department manager with him asking me very simple questions from a hiring question sheet about my work history, availability and what sports I was interested in and which ones I played or still play. It was a very laid back interview. After I was done with the first interview they had me take a test that was pretty much just common sense about drugs and shady customers/workers. I was told to go up front and let them know when I was done. I did that and stood around for another 10 mins for them to come back and talk to me to which they did and offered a second interview right there and then. I went back to the same office and started an interview with the store manager which was pretty much the same questions as was in the first interview and also very laid back. That lasted another 15 mins with the store manager leaving and the department manager coming back in to offer me the job. I was told after the initial offer that everything past that point was done online and to expect an email within 3 days. I got the email that day, accepted the offer, and filled out the requested info. In the email it said my first day would be one day but I was told that that date wasn't necessarily my actual starting date, which it wasn't. I started 8 days after the date in the offer and the whole process from online application to start date took about 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward, and I really enjoyed the people I met with. Everyone is super team and sports oriented. Seems like great company to work for, and the interviews were very focused on shared love for fitness, so make sure you like sports if you are going to apply!

Interview Questions

• Did any of your friends purchase outdoor products based on your influence?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Hurst, TX).

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview for any type of big box retail location in a mall. Had a quick phone interview with the department manager, and then a face to face with the department manager. This face to face however was likely supposed to be with the store manager, but he was out of the office for one reason or another.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you've dealt with an unruly customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Came into store for interview with manager. He asked me about my experience and interest in retail and sports. Then took a online values quiz afterwards. Follow up interview required.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge you had in your retail/sales experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Strongsville, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was actually more difficult than I had experienced in the past, especially for retail. There was a lot of detail to each question and you really had to provide a good example on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you saw a problem and immediately fixed it while on the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Marietta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked in for my interview and was brought to the break room to wait for a manager. I was then interviewed by one manager-basic questions. Are you passionate about sports, what you would do in certain situations, and basic availability and past experience. After talking with the first manager I was interviewed by another store manager with similar questions. It was very casual as we were standing in the golf section leaning on a clothing rack.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in October 2016.

Interview

I didn't get hired because I didn't pass a certain part of the test. I was interviewed for about 5 minutes and took the test and didn't pass it so I wasn't able to continue to the real interview.