DICK'S Sporting Goods Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Carbondale, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the a manager 2 days later to come in for an interview. I went in for my first interview with a department manager with him asking me very simple questions from a hiring question sheet about my work history, availability and what sports I was interested in and which ones I played or still play. It was a very laid back interview. After I was done with the first interview they had me take a test that was pretty much just common sense about drugs and shady customers/workers. I was told to go up front and let them know when I was done. I did that and stood around for another 10 mins for them to come back and talk to me to which they did and offered a second interview right there and then. I went back to the same office and started an interview with the store manager which was pretty much the same questions as was in the first interview and also very laid back. That lasted another 15 mins with the store manager leaving and the department manager coming back in to offer me the job. I was told after the initial offer that everything past that point was done online and to expect an email within 3 days. I got the email that day, accepted the offer, and filled out the requested info. In the email it said my first day would be one day but I was told that that date wasn't necessarily my actual starting date, which it wasn't. I started 8 days after the date in the offer and the whole process from online application to start date took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Hurst, TX).

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview for any type of big box retail location in a mall. Had a quick phone interview with the department manager, and then a face to face with the department manager. This face to face however was likely supposed to be with the store manager, but he was out of the office for one reason or another.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you've dealt with an unruly customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Came into store for interview with manager. He asked me about my experience and interest in retail and sports. Then took a online values quiz afterwards. Follow up interview required.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge you had in your retail/sales experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in October 2016.

Interview

I didn't get hired because I didn't pass a certain part of the test. I was interviewed for about 5 minutes and took the test and didn't pass it so I wasn't able to continue to the real interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

Very simple and really no time spent talking to me about my experience. Talk to one manager and then came back 2 days later to talk to another manager.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within a week a email saying they were interested and would like me to schedule an interview went to it on a Monday and received a call the next day to schedule a second interview haven't been to next interview yet wish me luck

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a Dicks   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you motivated some out to do there full potential   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you preformed outstanding costumer service or received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy and straight forward. Asked general questions about background and what sports mean to you. After being hired they started training on multiple parts of the store. Then they worked me into the schedule slowly making sure I was not getting overwhelmed.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I'd be willing to clean the bathrooms if they ever overflowed.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was offered an interview in about a week or so. Interview was in the empty store that they were going to open soon. Interview was casual and comfortable. The hiring manager was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you helped a coworker or teammate who was struggling and how you did it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on a Monday, came in for interview in a Wednesday, interview was short and sweet, mainly spoke about customer service and my interest in sports, took a survey which depicted if you would make it to the second interview or not. Survey is basically to see how consistent you are with your answers and if you are a liar or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Garden City, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was quick and very casual if you know how to work a register or have previous retail experience you're easily hired. You have to be 18 to get the job or turning 18 within the week after 1st interview.