DICK'S Sporting Goods Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2017

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Called a few days after applying by recruiter. Had 5 min phone interview. About a week later I was contacted by a store admin. To interview with a store manager..upon arrival for that interview the store manager left me in his office for almost 20 min because he didn't even know he had an interview. He fumbled through his questions completely unprepared. He told me the "real interview would be with the dm and didn't even know what I was applying for, but I would be a good fit in the company"??

About a week later I was contacted by the dm for another interview, upon which he basically bad mouthed me for 35 minutes because I come from specialty retail and not a big box store. He explained that the job would be "impossible for me" and basically made me feel stupid for even applying.
This was completely unprofessional. If they had no intention of moving forward with me it would have been nice to just received a rejection email instead of wasting my time to be picked on.
Worst interview process I have ever experienced.

(Over a month has gone by...still no rejection. Get it over with already!)

Interview Questions

• what is your ytd margin

what are your ytd sales over ly
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview was relatively brief, I was asked mostly about my knowledge relevant to the sports passions that I share. Questions relevant to actual leadership were limited to how do you handle accountability. Although I came prepared to answer deeper questions, it seems like they just want somebody who knows about sports and not necessarily about retail leadership or merchandising abilities.

Interview Questions

• What professional or college sports teams do you follow?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Rochester, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was the same as it was 5 years ago, fill out a job application online, meet the store manager, get hired or not. Not really much of a process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Altoona, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called about 2 weeks later. The interviewer seemed very unprepared as if it was the first time she had looked at my application. They don't even look at the resume you upload to their site, just what you write in the boxes of the general form. The interviewer was confused as to how I would do my current job and the job I was going for, even after I made it clear that I would leave my current job for the new position. This was an issue she was continually hung up on throughout the conversation. The whole interview lasted less than 15 minutes and left me with the impression that the company's management was very disorganized. I showed up in a business suit and it seemed to intimidate the interviewer. After the discussion I had with management, I decided I don't want to work for their company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 days later received a call to set up an interview. First interview was with a store manager, same day got a call for a second interview 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions.. tell me about a time when..   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered more than I was expecting so I accepted initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Charleston, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

submit application along with resume, followed by two interviews, if liked a job offer will be given based on your experience and time spent in the sales industry. The interview is much like any others, they ask benign questions like what is your strengths in your personality, and even what your hobbies are in your spare time. more difficult questions were based on scenarios that could or have occurred during your line in of work whether past or present.

Interview Questions

• unexpected questions are irrelevant here, they stay on topic. The most unexpected question was if you are planning on staying with our company, what aspect of your job requirements are you most likely going to have slip as your work begins to become more habitual than a newer job like after the first six months to a year. I thought it was an interesting yet difficult question because usually an employer would ask what your weaknesses may be, but the way it was worded was simple after thinking about it... the interviewer wanted to see if you would continue with a job and eventually get lazy and skip out on certain tasks that you as a manager are/would be entitled to do on a daily basis.   1 Answer

Had another offer with a higher base salary and commission rates. nothing personal against the company, I just needed more money to fulfill the lifestyle I was accustomed to.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Richmond, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

2 interviews and i was hired

Negotiation

how much do you want to get paid i told him what I wanted and got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Tucson, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed me in October. The company asks a lot of 2 based questions.... What was instant where you had to work with someone you didn't get along with and how did you deal with it??

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in September 2011.

Interview

Was interviewed by a store manager in training. It was very informal. I was already a full time associate and word of mouth from my direct manager was more important than my interview. I would have had to botch it pretty impressively for it to go south.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when... Behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Raleigh, NC) in July 2008.

Interview

I was transferring from another state. I Contacted the DM & Store Manager with my experience and was offered a position in only a couple days

Interview Questions

• How often do you check TEAM?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I transfered so my salary was transferred as well