DICK'S Sporting Goods Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICK'S Sporting Goods Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Very encouraging. My recruiter was very personable and polite. The interview process was your typical situational questions. This was only the first step with the recruiter. May interview with District and Regional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you developed an associate or manager for the next level. How were you able to do that?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Current district manager interviewing for a store manager position. Recruiter set a time and date a week in advance, then calls me a half hour late. Not a great first impression. Used company specific acronyms throughout interview. I was excited to interview, but the recruiter left a bad taste of unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an associate and their ADP and the results of the plan.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Recruiter called back the next morning for a phone interview for Friday. We agreed to a time on Friday. Recruiter was late calling at the agreed time. Phone interview lasted 20 minutes. Not impressed with the questions asked. Kept asking the same questions after I had already told him my background over and over again. The recruiter had no personality and was very vague. Recruiter said I would here back from DD sometime next week. Received email today stating that they have decided to look at other applicants. Not impressed with this company. Glad it did not go any further than this especially with Sports authority closing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Pitts, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was laid back and casual. The atmosphere was comfortable and very informative as well. I had to wait about 15 minutes as the person doing the interviews was running behind schedule.The entire process took about an hour to complete. The person who interviewed me was very cordial and very easy to converse with.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial screening interview with a recruiter followed with an interview with the DM.

Didn't discuss anything out of the ordinary.

Discussed how DSG competes with Academy Sports and Bass Pro; discussed pricing, assortment, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

5 step process consisting of recruiter, DM, RVP loss prevention, RVP HR, RVP operations. Phone interviews were very in depth, covering challenges, multiple weaknesses and how you can overcome them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a decision you made that didn't work, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Woodbury, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then a face to face with the DM, and finally a phone interview with the LP Manager and the Human Resources Manager.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods.

Interview

3 interviews; 1 with the recruiter, 1 with the DM, and 1 with the RVP (included a meeting with loss prevention and HR). The total hiring process took a little more than 4 weeks and the interviews were not difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for a higher salary and had my answer in less than 24 hours

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Orlando, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview with a recruiter, he was supremely helpful and very thoughtful interview with DM- nice guy very supportive, Interview with a VP- a little indiferrent. Overall the experience was good.

Interview Questions

• The questions were situational, e.g. Tell me about a time when? Tell me about a situation? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DICK'S Sporting Goods (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

A joke. You have to interview with like 5/6 people from different levels of the company. Recruiter first then a district manager then a regional loss prevention manager then a regional human relations managers. All of these were phone interviews. Then a in person interview with regional Vice President. All questions are already written and all are similar or the same as the previous interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate people?   1 Answer