DIRECTV Interview Questions in El Segundo, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

A brief written test on object orientated programming and experience. Some written test on hypothetical critical thinking scenarios. The interview lasted about a couple of hours, and went relatively smoothly.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

There were 11 interviews in total. I had 5 phone interviews (recruiters, hiring manager, VP) and 6 in-person interviews held on site in El Segundo, CA on one day. They flew me out to CA and paid for the flights, the hotels and the car rental.

Interview Questions

• How well do I work with ambiguity? Who has been the most impactful in my life? Why do I feel I am the best fit for the job?   3 Answers

Back-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a 30 minute long phone screening that actually lasted 20 minutes. There were some basic questions on experience from my resume and then a simple technical quiz. It was very laid back overall. The interviewer sounded uninterested but was very happy to talk about the internship program and campus so I might have misjudged his tone of voice. I got offered second round video interview so we'll see how that goes.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Process took about a week. Had a phone interview with an HR then was brought in for 2 in person interviews that lasted about 2 hours. Was interviewed by different QA Managers of several teams.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks. Spoke to the HR for a phone interview. Was called in a few days later for an on site interview. Interviewed with different QA managers of several teams that took about 2 hours. A week later, got another call for another in person interview. Interview was easy and laid back.

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interesting approach to an interview modeling the actual job requirements on micro scale. First you got a fairly simple set of requirements for a project to design in 24 hours. Second they changed the requirements for a revised design - another 24 hours. A phone interview and design walk through. Finally an in person interview, design review and leading an impromptu whiteboard design session.

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews total in the following succession: HR Recruiter over the phone, Hiring Manager over the phone, and in-person interview with 6 peers and superiors. The latter was a 3 hour interview separated into 3 distinct meetings. It was a very thorough interview and great way to meet your upstream and downstream partners and stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• What does your day-to-day look like in your current role?   1 Answer

Director Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Directv HR recruiter. I scheduled a call with him and it went well. I was then scheduled a call with another HR person and it also went well. She was able to answer most questions I had and therefore decided to proceed with the process. HR then scheduled me with a phone interview with the VP I would be reporting to.

The 30-minute scheduled VP phone interview lasted close to an hour. It all went well and I was then scheduled for an in-person interview with the VP. I went into the Directv HQ and met with the VP for a 1-hour scheduled meeting that lasted over 90 minutes. Everything went well but, of course, in hindsight I could have done better in a few areas. I left feeling good about my prospects since before I left the VP said there would be 1 more round of interviews to meet with the team. She also was disappointed that I couldn't meet with one of the team members when, at the end of the meeting, she saw he was actually back from his vacation.

As I said, everything seemed well. I sent a thank you letter the following day and was just waiting to hear from HR for the next steps. Up to that moment I was in constant contact with HR and they were reaching out to me and keeping me up to date on the progress. This contact had been going on for about a month at this point.

A few days after the interview I reached out to HR to ask about the next steps and never got a reply. I asked several times for at least an update and never received even an short email saying the position was filled.

About a month after the final interview I went on Directv's web site and saw that the position was not listed anymore.

The interview process was very good up until the point where they decided I wasn't in the running anymore. All contact was cut off with no explanation and that's just not professional.

Interview Questions

• What is a systems engineer?   1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. Was initially contacted by a recruiter who set me up with a phone screen. After the phone screen, they wanted to set up a full day of interviews where I interviewed with five people plus complete a case study. They rescheduled the interview day five different times in the same week and I started to feel jerked around and that my time wasn't valuable to them. Then the morning of the interview as I am walking out the door at 7:30am to drive to Directv, the recruiter calls me to tell me that one of the people I'm supposed to interview with is now unavailable and they want me to come in at 10:00am now. I almost told the recruiter I was no longer interested in the position, since they clearly did not have the organizational capabilities to schedule a simple interview. However, I ended up going in and only meeting with three people and not doing the case study. They also did not have a job description for the role I was interviewing for. When I asked what the role entailed and what my responsibilities would be, they were extremely vague and couldn't give me a straight answer. You're a Fortune 500 company...how do you not have a job description or know what the role entails? They also told me that my position could be affected by the AT&T acquisition and the role may become obsolete. WHY ARE YOU EVEN INTERVIEWING FOR THE POSITION THEN? I wasn't offered the role, but even if I was, I would have declined. They need to clean up their act.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ambiguous situation you've been in and how you dealt with it. If you need to get the CEO's attention, how do you do that if you have a priority that needs to get accomplished? What are your three greatest strengths and three greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview opportunity one or two weeks later. And it was on the phone with the recruiter. The process went well. Some questions were asked based on my resume and other questions were all management skill testing. The overall process went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of the most difficult tasks you encountered and how did you completed it in a short time   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A