DIRECTV Install Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DIRECTV Install Technician Interview Questions

2.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Ventura, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, finishing questionnaire as well as a troubleshooting test. 3 days got a call from their recruiting office asking basic interview questions, asked to come into their local office for a interview, interviewed with two managers said they would give me a call as soon as all interviews were complete. 1 month later got a call to come in and meet the district manager and trainer. Was offered a job at end of discussion with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience that would relate to this job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

The process was very informal, uncomfortable and rash. The individual interviewing me did not appear professional and seemed irritated at having to interview anyone. I did not get a good impression off the individual interviewing me or the description of the job

Interview Questions

• I was only asked if I had an SUV and was told I had to supply my own 24-foot extension ladder   Answer Question

I did not have a good feeling about the position ever since the interview

Installation Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I applied online and did the virtual job and passed. 2 weeks later received a call from recruiter to see if I was still interested and then was told I was gonna receive a couple phone interviews from three other members of management. After the third interview I was scheduled for a panel interview where I presented myself and my skills of working in the electrical construction field. Then finally was offered the position and scheduled training.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation of a upset customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Brief 15 minutes, 2 interviewers who asked a series a questions writing down my answers. Seemed like a pretty normal interview. At the end they said they would call if offered. Got a call the next day but declined the offer because of the salary amount. Overall good company and an easy interview that most should be able to do easily. Experience was positive.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

HR Recruiter hard to get ahold of. Contacted me one week and i had to called 3-5 times a day for a week or so to get in touch with her. But after, Positive and outgoing interviewers. A pleasant and uplifting experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you face and overcame ambiguity   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cantonment, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Cantonment, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Someone that had no prior supervision experience prior to their job at DirecTV asks questions that make you know they did not go over your resume and then you get the job, They have bad retainability so they will hire you....every van has a sign saying that DirecTV is hiring permanently plastered to the van.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever installed satellite television?   2 Answers
    • What is your favorite football team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Pensacola, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

They spent a lot of time trying to convince you that the job is hard and scare you off, but if you meet the requirements and show them your serious about the job you will get hired. You also have to pass a physical before they even consider you.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with power tools.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone call to come in for the interview. Miss leading on you make money no set standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Horrible, they did not explain anything very well. The pay system is messed up and does not make sense for the technicians that do things correctly. That is not how you make money its per job which means cutting corners to make more money.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Memphis, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

IT was a very covicing interview it had its dull moments and very stimulating. It also was a very good interview. The manger was a really nice person to talk to in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want to be come a Technecation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Redding, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, promising $70k in the first year, sold the job hook line and sinker. Impossible to hit that goal. Very friendly offering a good salary, but failed to explain that pay was based on piece rate and that new hires were given lower paying installs.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make ?   1 Answer