DIRECTV Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DIRECTV Intern Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Reached out through campus recruiting event. Got an on-site interview invitation two days after. Went the scheduled interview in 2 weeks. Supposed to be a panel interview but only one principal engineer made it. Lasted for 1 hour. Casual conversation. Got the offer a week later. The on-boarding process did take some time. I interviewed in March, finished the whole HR communication stuff early June.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about network system in terms of media delivery?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

There were a group interview with three people. The questions were not very difficult. There were no technical questions. They asked mostly about the stuff on my resume. They seemed to be not very serious. In the end, they asked some random questions to see how I though, questions such as list all the possible uses of a paper clip that you can think of. They never replied emails afterwards, nit even at least bother to tell you that you did not get the offer. Company structure is not clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Scheduled onsite meeting with HR and meet group in person a week later

Interview Questions

• They only asked basic algorithm questions. But, the group used Java, they asked a lot of concepts.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I met the recruiter at the Career Fair. After an interview asking about my projects, I was invited for a interview at the Broadcasting Center in Culver City. I then had an in person interview about why I wanted to work there and what my qualifications were.

Interview Questions

• Why should I pick you over the other candidates for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2011.

Interview

I started off doing a phone interview with a person in the HR department. She asked me the typical questions about my past work experience and why I chose DIRECTV. At the end of the interview she said she would schedule a phone interview with the person I would be working under. I had a phone interview with this person a day or two later. She just asked me some basic questions to try to get to know me better, told me about what she did and what I'd be doing in the internship. At the end, she said she'd be in touch. I got a call a few hours later from the HR person I'd originally interviewed with offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Seeing as I was an intern with basically no experience, there was no negotiation. They told me what my pay would be and I accepted.