DIRECTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Delta, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview processes was not handled well in my opinion. I did great in the phone interview, and was scheduled to complete a face to face at facility that was close to my home location. However, after I took a vacation day from my current employer to take the interview, I arrived at the location that I was informed that the interview was to take place. The hiring manager was not at this location, but a different location, which is 2.5 hours away.

After I reached out to the recruiting department and confirmed that the manager was not going to be arriving today, I called the hiring manager. He indicated that he was unable to meet with me due to miscommunication on DirecTV's end. I offered to drive the two and a half hours of additional time to make a face to face interview the same day, but I was informed that he was too busy to meet up with me that day. I tried to think creatively on how to meet at a location that suits both the hiring manager and myself, I was not going to take another vacation day to do an interview, and we determined that a coffee shop where he lives would work the best.

I just received a call from the recruiting department that they are no longer interested in my candidacy, and would TNT me without even notifying me of the reasoning. I felt that DirecTV should have been a little more understanding of the fact that I did everything within my power to get the interview done on the day that it was scheduled. I hope this doesn't sound like a rant, but rather frustrating when I wasn't even given a shot to put my best foot forward.

Interview Questions

• Please describe you management style   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Huntington, WV).

Interview

It was a scheduled interview day where you go in fill out your information and wait to be called for an interview. They were extremely professional and put you at ease during the whole process. I was offa tour of the facility. I graciously accepted and was impressed with the professional design and the efforts to take care of their employees. Hoping and praying I get called to be hired.

Interview Questions

• What did I do in between jobs   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair at my college; shortly a recruiter contacted me and we scheduled an interview with one of their engineers in Denver. The engineer and I chatted about my past experiences and asked me what a namespace is.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

It was a 45 min phone call about what was my interest and things on my resume. The last portion of the interview he gave some technical questions. The interviewer was a Senior Mobile Engineer and he was really nice. Look online at their website to watch their internship video to get a better feel of what they do there. I heard that the interns get to dorm with other interns and you get to go on a trip to a customer's house with a technician.

Interview Questions

• What is an interface, what is abstract?   1 Answer

Java Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Met on site with the Hiring Manager for a roughly 1 hour interview. The interview consisted of details of what the responsibilities of the position were and how DirectTV functions with respect to their products. The remainder of the interview dealt with background information about my skills, how they relate to the needs of the position, and the strengths of my skills.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in terms of working within the SDLC process?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Littleton, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

After they approve of you via a phone interview you are taken in for an in person interview. The interview lasted over 2 hours asking a series of questions pertaining to the job ranging from how you would fix an issue to how you would handle a situation

Interview Questions

• "If a customer has a black screen what steps would you take to resolve their issue and how would you explain them to the customer?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied at job fair and received and email shorty afterwards. I had an interview with one of their engineers. He didn't seem to want to conduct the interview. He sounded like he was reading off of a script, but that may have just been his personality. He also informed me of the culture and amenities that come with working for direct tv. Most questions were personality based and only about 5 technical questions.

Back-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a 30 minute long phone screening that actually lasted 20 minutes. There were some basic questions on experience from my resume and then a simple technical quiz. It was very laid back overall. The interviewer sounded uninterested but was very happy to talk about the internship program and campus so I might have misjudged his tone of voice. I got offered second round video interview so we'll see how that goes.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a company rep. Very laid back and the rep seemed generally interested in what I had to say. Technical in the sense they asked about projects on my resume but there was no very technical questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Aurora, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview was about an hour and a half with one person. There were many questions about customer service.... how would I? They explained the process and work week and asked me if I could adjust to the hours.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about diversity. How would I feel about working with all kinds of people.   1 Answer