DIRECTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

351 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

A brief written test on object orientated programming and experience. Some written test on hypothetical critical thinking scenarios. The interview lasted about a couple of hours, and went relatively smoothly.

Field Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Delta, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview processes was not handled well in my opinion. I did great in the phone interview, and was scheduled to complete a face to face at facility that was close to my home location. However, after I took a vacation day from my current employer to take the interview, I arrived at the location that I was informed that the interview was to take place. The hiring manager was not at this location, but a different location, which is 2.5 hours away.

After I reached out to the recruiting department and confirmed that the manager was not going to be arriving today, I called the hiring manager. He indicated that he was unable to meet with me due to miscommunication on DirecTV's end. I offered to drive the two and a half hours of additional time to make a face to face interview the same day, but I was informed that he was too busy to meet up with me that day. I tried to think creatively on how to meet at a location that suits both the hiring manager and myself, I was not going to take another vacation day to do an interview, and we determined that a coffee shop where he lives would work the best.

I just received a call from the recruiting department that they are no longer interested in my candidacy, and would TNT me without even notifying me of the reasoning. I felt that DirecTV should have been a little more understanding of the fact that I did everything within my power to get the interview done on the day that it was scheduled. I hope this doesn't sound like a rant, but rather frustrating when I wasn't even given a shot to put my best foot forward.

Interview Questions

• Please describe you management style   2 Answers

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Salem, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was great, and I am now awaiting an interview in person. The interviewer asked very good questions and was not intimidating at all. I applied and a week later got a phone call. We scheduled an interview over the phone a few weeks later because I was in the middle of moving. The interview was great.

Interview Questions

• What do you call customer service?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Huntington, WV).

Interview

It was a scheduled interview day where you go in fill out your information and wait to be called for an interview. They were extremely professional and put you at ease during the whole process. I was offa tour of the facility. I graciously accepted and was impressed with the professional design and the efforts to take care of their employees. Hoping and praying I get called to be hired.

Interview Questions

• What did I do in between jobs   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Quick and easy. While waiting to actually getting the interview set up, it seemed like forever- but it took about 2 weeks to have an interview date to save. The recruiters seem very busy and overloaded. Just have patience, if they want you, you'll definitely know if got the job almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this position?   4 Answers

Satellite Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in McClellan, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (McClellan, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and took a technical knowledge exam online which took about 30 mins. A recruiter called about a week later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, they scheduled an in-person interview at the job site. The in-person interview was very easy and took less than 10 minutes. There was only 6 questions asked. The day after, I got a call from the site manager with the job offer. He scheduled me for the next steps in the process- background check, drug test, and physical.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you know about DirecTV?   4 Answers
    • What is your philosophy on safety in the workplace?   3 Answers
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an upset customer, what did you do to resolve the situation?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Got a call the day after, hourly rate was much higher than I asked, so I accepted.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

One interview with department, typical questions were asked. Come to the interview prepared with basic questions reviewed. Also very important to show your personality. They really just want to know if you are a good fit within the group you will be working with. However, now that AT&T has taken over the people and process may be different for new contractors.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Meridian, ID) in March 2016.

Interview

online test and one phone interview and 1 face to face it was very friendly interview both times you had to do a skills test on your face to face interview which was not to bad

Interview Questions

• what was your worst that happen at your last job and what did you do about it   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Take a questionnaire and scenario test online
    Receive a phone interview. If successful you will be contacted for a physical interview.
    Dress business professional. First impressions make a difference.
    Safety is number 1 customer satisfaction 2.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the ideal candidate for this position?   2 Answers

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

There were 11 interviews in total. I had 5 phone interviews (recruiters, hiring manager, VP) and 6 in-person interviews held on site in El Segundo, CA on one day. They flew me out to CA and paid for the flights, the hotels and the car rental.

Interview Questions

• How well do I work with ambiguity? Who has been the most impactful in my life? Why do I feel I am the best fit for the job?   3 Answers