DIRECTV SOFTWARE ENGINEER/QA TESTER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

SOFTWARE ENGINEER/QA TESTER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruited by agency for a permanent position after the staffing firm located my IT career profile online. The initial screening took place by phone with the agency whereas the interview with DirecTV consisted of a face-to-face meeting with the Latin American Group manager. The job description included network, database, scripting, Unix and Linux experience, with Spanish-language a "must" or a "plus" depending on which job description I read. I indicated at the time of the recruitment that I had some of the desired skills but not all of them (including the Spanish language requirement). It was conveyed that this would not be a problem and that some training would be possible. I chose to interview for the position because it would represent an expansion of my existing skill set, while solidly within my range of 15+ years of experience in other aspects. I was told that there were three people interviewing for two positions that were in urgent need of being filled in the coming week or two. I interviewed and after three weeks I learned that I had not made the cut based upon aspects of my resume which I had already indicated I did not have but was willing and able to learn.

Interview Questions

• Will you have a problem with working in a multicultural environment?   Answer Question