DIRECTV Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DIRECTV Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview Questions

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

1st, they will call and have a small chat with you and if you pass the call, you will be then emailed a link.
2nd, You will go to said link and take a simulator of the job you will be doing.
3rd, you will then have a personal interview with HR, this will first start as a tour around the different areas and they will ask your career goals and also answer with what you will need to do there to accomplish these goals. Then you will go into the office of the HR rep and have a discussion on why they should hire you. If they like what they hear, you will soon be instructed to take a drug and background test for the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself as an asset in the company if we chose to hire you.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Centennial, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application online as well as a test on a thursday. The test seemed difficult due to that you have to type and click a button any time something exceeds goals. Then they have scenarios of what you would most likely do to the least. It was tricky because all seemed like good answers. On monday received a phone call and was asked about salary requirements. After scheduled a phone interview for Wednesday . At the end of the phone interview was scheduled an in person interview for friday. In person interview consisted of background and technical questions. Do to previous tech experience and providing good answers the interviewer skipped the tech part and heavily asked about metrics and performance and competition and why work for this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When they first called me i told them the starting rate was lower than what i was being offered by a competitor which is the truth. They looked at my past experience and told me the highest they could go up and about the differential before phone interview was set up.

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV in December 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Once you do this someone will call you to set up a phone interview. If you do good on the phone interview, then you have a face to face interview. They are super nice and give you a tour of the faculty and tell you about the benefits and all of that good stuff. They will then call you in about three days to tell you if you got the job or not then they send you a offer letter. If you get the job they require a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions

• There is a lot of tricky questions. I cant think of any of the top of my head now.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just offered me a good start pay. I didnt object to it.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

The application process itself was more in-depth than what I have previously experienced. There were a lot of actual job scenarios and timed content to get through. The first interview was a scheduled phone interview. It was nice to have a couple days to prepare instead of just a random phone call and on the spot interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to a face to face interview a couple days later. At the beginning of that, they take you on a tour of the facility and ask you a few questions during that process. This was a new and different experience than what I have previously had at other companies. At the end of the tour, I was asked the "normal" interview questions and was then given the run down on benefits, shift schedules, etc. The whole process was much more thorough than any other interview I've had.

Interview Questions

• I did a lot of research on DirecTV and interview questions prior to the interviews so I was pretty prepared for all of the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiations I did were about the work schedule and not wanting to work overnight. I was able to get a schedule that works well with my home life also.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Average interview. Recieved a phone call the day after I filled out my application and had a brief phone interview. Basically the phone interview verified the information on my application then asked for explanations from the answers I gabr on the personality test taken while filling out the application. Had an in person interview the next dag, I was given a tour of the call center, then taken back to HR for the actual interview. Pretty standard questions such as "tell me about a time you had an upset customer and how did you handle it." Was offeres the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult coworker   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

It all started with applying online, after that i was able to go into their office for an interview. The interview process felt as if it was just a way to see what the potential employee looked, and sounded like. It was not a hard interview, nor did they ask any challenging questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a higher starting wage.

Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Missoula, MT) in January 2014.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview. When I successfully told them what they wanted to hear, they called me in for an in person interview. At the in person interview they gave me a tour and let me listen to a call. After that, I was in! :)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer who threatened you and called you names?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

They will ask questions about different scenarios in an office environment. Name technical scenario and how you would go about fixing it. Questions on customer service skills. Questions on prior experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to do something technical.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy I applied online two weeks after moving to tulsa I received a call the next day I had an interview a few days later and hired on the spot started training a week later

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Missoula, MT) in March 2012.

Interview

Online application was accepted and a return call within roughly one week from the HR department for an interview.

Interview Questions

• 1a: What was your biggest mistake at work?
      1b: What did you learn from that mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They dictated starting wages (take it or leave it)