DIRECTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.5

Executive Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very poor recruiting process. Was specifically recruited by DIRECTV for this job and never had the courtesy of an email or phone response despite repeated follow-ups. DIRECTV does not "get" that applicants are also customers. Recruiters need to be held accountable, especially when the applicant can clearly perform against all standards. I've switched from DIRECTV for this reason.

Interview Questions

• Could not even get a response from their recruiter. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY).

Interview

Disorganized. Unprofessional. Made to wait. No clear expectations of duration of interview. No clear path of role and responsibilities. From phone interview to face to face the position changed. The interviewer kept saying he was trying to keep me 'off guard' and 'on my toes.'

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was - how long did it take for you to get here today - as if my commute time was going to be factored into their decision.   Answer Question

The management team I met with was extremely stressed and kept talking about how stressful their job was and how business is declining. Additionally when I asked about training - they said there was none BUT I needed to be up and running immediately. I felt there would be no support and high expectations which would lead to failure.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was fair, I met about 6 people, I was asked standard interview questions plus given the chance to prepare a presentation. Everybody was professional, friendly, and welcoming. The position was pretty clearly laid out although that definitely changed over time and it became evident that there was not a clear vision or need for the role in the broader organization

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

Lengthly Phone Interview, Once passed you are to report to a one on one Phone Interview at the State Office with well dressed and Once passed they offer you the position with a start date for training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why we would consider you for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation was applicable.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy. You apply online, then have a phone interview. They then set up a time to come in and four the facility. After that they throw you into a surprise interview. After that you go to urgent care to take a drug test and they don't call you with the results. The employer will call to offer you a position if you pass.

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was standard. Phone interview by HR then by the hiring manager and tech leads. After that you go for an onsite interview. The onsite interviews will include a panel interview with the developers and the tech lead. They ask you technical questions and solve problems on the white board.

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Pensacola, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

They spent a lot of time trying to convince you that the job is hard and scare you off, but if you meet the requirements and show them your serious about the job you will get hired. You also have to pass a physical before they even consider you.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with power tools.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2014.

Interview

Three interviews, on campus recruiting, then phone interview, then interview with manager

took about 9 weeks, overall the communication was great , just have patience and enthusiasm. know about the company and why you would be a good cultural fit

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interesting approach to an interview modeling the actual job requirements on micro scale. First you got a fairly simple set of requirements for a project to design in 24 hours. Second they changed the requirements for a revised design - another 24 hours. A phone interview and design walk through. Finally an in person interview, design review and leading an impromptu whiteboard design session.

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Charlotte, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

They take u in ask a lot of questions do a strict background check and if there's anything on your background u want get the job they ask have u every install before which I had they said I would still have to ride with someone for a while so I can learn their system

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Well it was pretty much to the point