DIRECTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.5

Costumer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Huntington, WV) in February 2013.

Interview

A simple online test to determine that one can follow instructions and new basic important facts like state abbreviations. Following this simple online testing there was a long verbal process. It included approximately 50 questions that could be located online. They were not original and hardly tailored to the job itself. Once that was complete you were required to take a drug test off site and I started the following week.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions that can be accessed online. They were not original.   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the program manager and then in person interviews with program managers and project managers.

Everybody was very nice. The interviews were thorough. I liked that the program manager asked me about rumors or not so positive stuff about the company so he could address it. None of the negatives turned out to be true.

I enjoyed my time with DirecTV and view it as a positive experience. I'd definitely go back.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about the position you're applying for?
      Tell us about projects you managed that touched several departments.
      Tell us about a really great project and a really bad one.
      Elaborate on your Agile project management experience.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was fair, I met about 6 people, I was asked standard interview questions plus given the chance to prepare a presentation. Everybody was professional, friendly, and welcoming. The position was pretty clearly laid out although that definitely changed over time and it became evident that there was not a clear vision or need for the role in the broader organization

Retention Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

onsite interview with HR, questions about handling calls, previous experience, what they expect of full time employee including must not miss one day of training or will not be employed

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry irate customer?   1 Answer

Competitive Intelligence Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in January 2012.

Interview

Unexperience HR people asking basic questions. My future boss had already decided to hire me before all the HR experience. Nothing interesting happened at HR interview process stage. This is very annoying

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

Lengthly Phone Interview, Once passed you are to report to a one on one Phone Interview at the State Office with well dressed and Once passed they offer you the position with a start date for training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why we would consider you for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation was applicable.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a college career fair and eventually got a call. Then got a virtual call from one of the hiring managers. The interview was very straight forward and relaxed. Discussed about what I was interested in and what role I would be in.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my particular interests and past projects   Answer Question

Set Top Box Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone screen then a skype interview. The person who interviewed me over skype ended up being my manager over the summer for my internship - so this was the person who was in charge of hiring me and wanted me on his team. He asked a few open-ended and slightly technical questions about my background, things I've learned at school, and past internships. He seemed to be assessing my knowledge and experience based on the way I answered the questions instead of giving me a coding question to solve. I liked this interview a lot more than others because I felt like I had more of a chance to display my knowledge and skills than I would have if given a coding question. Not that I don't do well coding, but sometimes if you can't solve the coding question, you have no chance of getting the job which stinks if you have an off-day. This interview assessed my overall ability which was a lot better.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me what deadlock is?
      In your past internship, did you use the waterfall or agile software development methodology?
      Do you have experience with unit testing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for higher pay and flights because I had another offer with higher pay but they refused, saying that they have a set rate they pay for interns and they provide free corporate housing.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

A brief written test on object orientated programming and experience. Some written test on hypothetical critical thinking scenarios. The interview lasted about a couple of hours, and went relatively smoothly.

Field Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Delta, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview processes was not handled well in my opinion. I did great in the phone interview, and was scheduled to complete a face to face at facility that was close to my home location. However, after I took a vacation day from my current employer to take the interview, I arrived at the location that I was informed that the interview was to take place. The hiring manager was not at this location, but a different location, which is 2.5 hours away.

After I reached out to the recruiting department and confirmed that the manager was not going to be arriving today, I called the hiring manager. He indicated that he was unable to meet with me due to miscommunication on DirecTV's end. I offered to drive the two and a half hours of additional time to make a face to face interview the same day, but I was informed that he was too busy to meet up with me that day. I tried to think creatively on how to meet at a location that suits both the hiring manager and myself, I was not going to take another vacation day to do an interview, and we determined that a coffee shop where he lives would work the best.

I just received a call from the recruiting department that they are no longer interested in my candidacy, and would TNT me without even notifying me of the reasoning. I felt that DirecTV should have been a little more understanding of the fact that I did everything within my power to get the interview done on the day that it was scheduled. I hope this doesn't sound like a rant, but rather frustrating when I wasn't even given a shot to put my best foot forward.

Interview Questions

• Please describe you management style   2 Answers