DIRECTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.5

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair at my college; shortly a recruiter contacted me and we scheduled an interview with one of their engineers in Denver. The engineer and I chatted about my past experiences and asked me what a namespace is.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

It was a 45 min phone call about what was my interest and things on my resume. The last portion of the interview he gave some technical questions. The interviewer was a Senior Mobile Engineer and he was really nice. Look online at their website to watch their internship video to get a better feel of what they do there. I heard that the interns get to dorm with other interns and you get to go on a trip to a customer's house with a technician.

Interview Questions

• What is an interface, what is abstract?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked a bunch of questions that were all conceptual. The questions revolved around object oriented programming concepts and data structures. This is the first of 3 interviews. I haven't heard back yet.

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Great people, reasonable questions based on the job description, You need to pay attention to details carefully and be consistent to find the answers and a good team member then all you need is to trust the senior members and follow the training procedures.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Knowledge of the company and general computing concepts. Phone screen and then a video interview with a couple different hiring managers as a panel initially and then 1:1 (ea about 15 mins).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Boise, ID) in October 2015.

Interview

Online application was lengthy, but also provided a glimpse of calls and multitasking expectations. Phone interview was what you'd expect (experience, strengths, their expectations re attendance, etc). In person interview was more comprehensive: role play a phone call, navigate the computer, etc. More in depth questions about sales environment, competitive bonuses, learning styles and best coaching methods. Feedback given and sought in interview, as well as during training about the process. It is key to be yourself, bring your own personality.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Met on site with the Hiring Manager for a roughly 1 hour interview. The interview consisted of details of what the responsibilities of the position were and how DirectTV functions with respect to their products. The remainder of the interview dealt with background information about my skills, how they relate to the needs of the position, and the strengths of my skills.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in terms of working within the SDLC process?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Littleton, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

After they approve of you via a phone interview you are taken in for an in person interview. The interview lasted over 2 hours asking a series of questions pertaining to the job ranging from how you would fix an issue to how you would handle a situation

Interview Questions

• "If a customer has a black screen what steps would you take to resolve their issue and how would you explain them to the customer?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied at job fair and received and email shorty afterwards. I had an interview with one of their engineers. He didn't seem to want to conduct the interview. He sounded like he was reading off of a script, but that may have just been his personality. He also informed me of the culture and amenities that come with working for direct tv. Most questions were personality based and only about 5 technical questions.

Back-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a 30 minute long phone screening that actually lasted 20 minutes. There were some basic questions on experience from my resume and then a simple technical quiz. It was very laid back overall. The interviewer sounded uninterested but was very happy to talk about the internship program and campus so I might have misjudged his tone of voice. I got offered second round video interview so we'll see how that goes.