DIRECTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a company rep. Very laid back and the rep seemed generally interested in what I had to say. Technical in the sense they asked about projects on my resume but there was no very technical questions

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Naples, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

LOOOOONG and drawn out. So many signatures needed and they wanted everything faxed. Luckily, using GoodReader on my IPAD allowed me to open their PDFs (everything came that way). GoodReader allowed me to sign on my tablet and then "flatten" the document and email it back so that it looks like a fax with my real signature. This saved so much time! Everything

Interview Questions

• Star Interview Process was used mostly. Easy to ace if you have some charisma. ALL INTERVIEWING AND WORK WAS DONE FROM HOME!!!!!!   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Aurora, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview was about an hour and a half with one person. There were many questions about customer service.... how would I? They explained the process and work week and asked me if I could adjust to the hours.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about diversity. How would I feel about working with all kinds of people.   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Boise, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR business partner. The interview consisted of 15 minutes of questions to confirm relevant experience as outlined in the job posting, additional clarifying questions, and a few minutes to allow the interviewee to ask questions. Ultimately the top 2 candidates were interviewed by the hiring manager and one was selected.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all related to past experience and related education. For example: Explain how you gained experience in this area; describe a time when you handled this type of issue, etc   Answer Question

Set Top Box Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone screen then a skype interview. The person who interviewed me over skype ended up being my manager over the summer for my internship - so this was the person who was in charge of hiring me and wanted me on his team. He asked a few open-ended and slightly technical questions about my background, things I've learned at school, and past internships. He seemed to be assessing my knowledge and experience based on the way I answered the questions instead of giving me a coding question to solve. I liked this interview a lot more than others because I felt like I had more of a chance to display my knowledge and skills than I would have if given a coding question. Not that I don't do well coding, but sometimes if you can't solve the coding question, you have no chance of getting the job which stinks if you have an off-day. This interview assessed my overall ability which was a lot better.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me what deadlock is?
      In your past internship, did you use the waterfall or agile software development methodology?
      Do you have experience with unit testing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for higher pay and flights because I had another offer with higher pay but they refused, saying that they have a set rate they pay for interns and they provide free corporate housing.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Applied for position online and was called the very next day and asked to do a phone interview. Afterwards was scheduled for a 1 on 1 interview the following week. The interview was very laid back and casual. Overall it was a quick and easy interview. A lady called me 10 minutes after I left and told me they wanted to offer the position and I accepted. Then she told me to be on the lookout for an email with directions for drug screening and etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

What about direct tv attracts you

Tell me about yourself

Asked if I had any questions for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good offer , piece rate so really no negotiating

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by in person interview with HM and direct superior. Process takes about 3 weeks. Plan on a minimum of 1 week for every person who interacts with your req.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

It was okay. But communication dropped out of the blue. I received a call from a recruiter one day, had a relatively positive phone conversation with them, and was even told that they would follow up with me for another interview. But I never got a call back. If they didn't want to keep pursuing me, they should have at least politely let me know instead of leaving me hanging.

Production Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Your contracting company sets up an in person interview. Sometimes this is early in the morning. You bring your portfolio and speak to members of the team you're planning on working with, managers, then senior employees. This is a long interview process because you have to meet and speak to everyone. Coming prepared with portfolio samples, print outs, and hand outs is best.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was done with a recruiter after the company agrees to take you on. This was done by phone.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

It was an extremely short interview, they didn't seem to know what questions they wanted to ask me, and they clearly had not read my resume. The interview was set up less than 12 hours after my initial phone call, and the whole process took about three days. Beautiful office and location.