DIRECTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.5

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Ventura, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, finishing questionnaire as well as a troubleshooting test. 3 days got a call from their recruiting office asking basic interview questions, asked to come into their local office for a interview, interviewed with two managers said they would give me a call as soon as all interviews were complete. 1 month later got a call to come in and meet the district manager and trainer. Was offered a job at end of discussion with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience that would relate to this job.   Answer Question

CRG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Easy. Didn't have to do much other than tell them why you wanted to be in crg and how long you had been doing ace. They tell you what your raise is and then you go through training. It's just like any other call center job

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Process took about a week. Had a phone interview with an HR then was brought in for 2 in person interviews that lasted about 2 hours. Was interviewed by different QA Managers of several teams.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks. Spoke to the HR for a phone interview. Was called in a few days later for an on site interview. Interviewed with different QA managers of several teams that took about 2 hours. A week later, got another call for another in person interview. Interview was easy and laid back.

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interesting approach to an interview modeling the actual job requirements on micro scale. First you got a fairly simple set of requirements for a project to design in 24 hours. Second they changed the requirements for a revised design - another 24 hours. A phone interview and design walk through. Finally an in person interview, design review and leading an impromptu whiteboard design session.

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews total in the following succession: HR Recruiter over the phone, Hiring Manager over the phone, and in-person interview with 6 peers and superiors. The latter was a 3 hour interview separated into 3 distinct meetings. It was a very thorough interview and great way to meet your upstream and downstream partners and stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• What does your day-to-day look like in your current role?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I was contacted through email to schedule the initial phone screening interview. The phone interview was set up for 2 days later. The interviewer called at almost the exact time that scheduled (almost down to the second). The interviewer was very easy-going and asked mainly about my goals as a software developer. While referring to the experiences listed on my resume, they asked about my interests in interviewing for various development teams. Specifics about where my technical strengths lie were also asked followed by a very easy quiz about basic programming/development concepts.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

very tough interview process. I had two phone interviews, and a huge panel interview, where I was interviewed by 3 people at first, than another 2, and then I had to go back to interview with a VP.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was through a recruiter, the only recruiter they are allowed to use and it was just freelance, but they wanted me to meet over the phone with someone in LA who was never available, so finally they just made the offer. It was lower than what someone should be making contract but the recruiter wouldn't make an offer for more because it was going to be on-ongoing, long-term freelance.

Interview Questions

• My experience and portfolio speaks for itself, so there weren't many questions to ask, only was I looking for full-time in which I replied "yes" and they said it could be 3 to 10 months. Its been 7 months.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy. You apply online, then have a phone interview. They then set up a time to come in and four the facility. After that they throw you into a surprise interview. After that you go to urgent care to take a drug test and they don't call you with the results. The employer will call to offer you a position if you pass.