DIRECTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer was not an engineer and asked me general interview questions in a sort of voice that sounded like he wasn't really paying attention. After the interview was done he told me to expect an email for another interview. They ended up deciding they'd move forward with another candidate though.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Interviewed by team I would have been working for. Asked basic things like projects I worked on, school experience, work experience, the usual questions. The manager seemed like he didn't want to be there and had a bad attitude, but the other members on the team seemed helpful and friendly.

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic interview. Want to see if you can think and that you can talk about your resume. Questions are not that difficult just be able to explain your past employment and projects

Director Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Directv HR recruiter. I scheduled a call with him and it went well. I was then scheduled a call with another HR person and it also went well. She was able to answer most questions I had and therefore decided to proceed with the process. HR then scheduled me with a phone interview with the VP I would be reporting to.

The 30-minute scheduled VP phone interview lasted close to an hour. It all went well and I was then scheduled for an in-person interview with the VP. I went into the Directv HQ and met with the VP for a 1-hour scheduled meeting that lasted over 90 minutes. Everything went well but, of course, in hindsight I could have done better in a few areas. I left feeling good about my prospects since before I left the VP said there would be 1 more round of interviews to meet with the team. She also was disappointed that I couldn't meet with one of the team members when, at the end of the meeting, she saw he was actually back from his vacation.

As I said, everything seemed well. I sent a thank you letter the following day and was just waiting to hear from HR for the next steps. Up to that moment I was in constant contact with HR and they were reaching out to me and keeping me up to date on the progress. This contact had been going on for about a month at this point.

A few days after the interview I reached out to HR to ask about the next steps and never got a reply. I asked several times for at least an update and never received even an short email saying the position was filled.

About a month after the final interview I went on Directv's web site and saw that the position was not listed anymore.

The interview process was very good up until the point where they decided I wasn't in the running anymore. All contact was cut off with no explanation and that's just not professional.

Interview Questions

• What is a systems engineer?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Email screen, then phone interview, same redundant questions that have no relevance to the position or your abilities. it was a dry interview the place seems very structured and not what I would be used too

Interview Questions

• Why have you been a temp for so long?   1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. Was initially contacted by a recruiter who set me up with a phone screen. After the phone screen, they wanted to set up a full day of interviews where I interviewed with five people plus complete a case study. They rescheduled the interview day five different times in the same week and I started to feel jerked around and that my time wasn't valuable to them. Then the morning of the interview as I am walking out the door at 7:30am to drive to Directv, the recruiter calls me to tell me that one of the people I'm supposed to interview with is now unavailable and they want me to come in at 10:00am now. I almost told the recruiter I was no longer interested in the position, since they clearly did not have the organizational capabilities to schedule a simple interview. However, I ended up going in and only meeting with three people and not doing the case study. They also did not have a job description for the role I was interviewing for. When I asked what the role entailed and what my responsibilities would be, they were extremely vague and couldn't give me a straight answer. You're a Fortune 500 company...how do you not have a job description or know what the role entails? They also told me that my position could be affected by the AT&T acquisition and the role may become obsolete. WHY ARE YOU EVEN INTERVIEWING FOR THE POSITION THEN? I wasn't offered the role, but even if I was, I would have declined. They need to clean up their act.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ambiguous situation you've been in and how you dealt with it. If you need to get the CEO's attention, how do you do that if you have a priority that needs to get accomplished? What are your three greatest strengths and three greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Big Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First, I had a short phone call with recruiter, through which we talked about the position and my experience and background, why I am interested in the position.
    Second, I had a technique phone interview with hiring manager, through we talked more details about the position and asked details about my background.
    During the onsite, I talked with two technique guys, two managers and the hiring manager. I was mainly asked about previous experiences in setup big data architectures, streaming processing, data processing and storage, etc.

Interview Questions

• Draw a big data architecture on the board about one of my previous project, then provide details about streaming processing and storage into NoSQL database, etc   Answer Question

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the Site Manager and his assistant. They mainly focused on what experience I had. If you want to impress them then I suggest asking them intelligent questions such as "how has this position evolved in the last X years, and where is it headed in the next X years?"

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work outdoors in various kinds of weather?   1 Answer

Interview

It was a phone interview, then you had to drive down to Tumwater for a drug test and fill out paperwork. You also went there to get the tools you needed for the job

Interview Questions

• Who would you contact if you could now solve an issue with a customer? your supervisor   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I received a call, answered a few short questions, then I was called in for a face to face meeting. Very relaxed, as they are looking for genuine answers. After answering questions, they sent me for a drug test. After returning, they offered me a job, and negotiated payment. Then went over when training would start.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer