DIRECTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.5

RF Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Couple of rounds of Phone interview before a video interview. Got an offer in a couple of days. Very smooth process and open to questions. Joining in 2 weeks. 1 week of basic training. Later on job training.

Interview Questions

• About your experience, RF equipment's, RF parameters. Basic questions in the beginning later increases in difficultly.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and completed all the necessary online pre-employment assessments. I received a phone call about a week later to come in for an in-person interview. On the day of the interview I had to interview with a group. I received the job offer the same day. I had to do the drug test the same day. The interview process took all day...eight hours!

Directv Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Montgomery, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

the interview process is smooth. asked to name in order of importance, family work and life outside of work. asked some challenging questions but just to see how you think. you will find out if you have the job or not on the spot. willing to give a chance to learn the equipment.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years? how long do you expect to work for us?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist (LifeShield) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Langhorne, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through staffing agency AND directly to Directv (LifeShield) after Directv failed to respond to the staffing agency.

Two phone interviews and one in person interview with Directv. I was told I would hear back "as soon as possible" but never heard back, even after sending multiple follow ups. Then, weeks later, got an email that they were "continuing their search" for someone with the experience they were looking for (mind you I have 2 1/2 years call center customer support experience ...)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer call?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Easy Interview. After driving an hour and back four times and given the employment offer, they told me I was overweight 9 pounds. Was tild I can reapply anytime but I think this is a sign to wait for another opportunity, IE the Military job in waiting status.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever installed in a harsh weather environment?   1 Answer

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First I did a phone interview. They will call or email...but called me only. It helped that I had Caller ID. I was able to call back and follow-up. I was asked the usual about experience and scenarios. Just be truthful and honest. Be upbeat and ready to answer. Next came the manager interview; same type questions. Smile and greet everyone in the office is key. Be outgoing. I was offered a position and things needed. Drug Test, Physical, and background. Keep in contact...you will get an official notice in a email.

Interview Questions

• How to handle an irate customer?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Fille out online app then it a call the next day to set up phone interview. Not sure if I did well because she didn't ask to set up a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when u have outstanding customer service   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview opportunity one or two weeks later. And it was on the phone with the recruiter. The process went well. Some questions were asked based on my resume and other questions were all management skill testing. The overall process went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of the most difficult tasks you encountered and how did you completed it in a short time   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Took like 4 weeks the whole process to end. They are looking for experience upon the new candidates, mostly in sales. It seems they don't want to train people form scratch and experience is a must. Friendly interview, basic questions, technological knowledge is essential

Interview Questions

• About experience, industry knowledge, sales qualifications, basic sales questions for interviews   Answer Question

Offer was on the very low end

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

1st, they will call and have a small chat with you and if you pass the call, you will be then emailed a link.
    2nd, You will go to said link and take a simulator of the job you will be doing.
    3rd, you will then have a personal interview with HR, this will first start as a tour around the different areas and they will ask your career goals and also answer with what you will need to do there to accomplish these goals. Then you will go into the office of the HR rep and have a discussion on why they should hire you. If they like what they hear, you will soon be instructed to take a drug and background test for the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself as an asset in the company if we chose to hire you.   1 Answer