DIRECTV Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

DIRECTV Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.9

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was through a recruiter, the only recruiter they are allowed to use and it was just freelance, but they wanted me to meet over the phone with someone in LA who was never available, so finally they just made the offer. It was lower than what someone should be making contract but the recruiter wouldn't make an offer for more because it was going to be on-ongoing, long-term freelance.

Interview Questions

• My experience and portfolio speaks for itself, so there weren't many questions to ask, only was I looking for full-time in which I replied "yes" and they said it could be 3 to 10 months. Its been 7 months.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had 5 separate phone interviews. This was followed by a Skype interview with 2 additional members that are based in California. After that, I was required to come onsite to meet with 5 people individually. Each person was supposed to focus on one behavioral value

Interview Questions

• How would you handle managers with difficult personalities?   1 Answer

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about position. I sent her my resume and she said one of the copywriters would like to have a phone interview. The phone interview was about a half hour. Person hiring me was friendly. Very interested in my experiences in my current company, and also interested in my experience with promoting a product or service through multiple stages of a promotion.

Interview Questions

• A little unexpected: If I revised as I wrote, or wrote a bunch and revised later.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview and hiring was straight forward actually, standard questions and a review my personal work, we reviewed a few past projects from my portfolio and discussed my design process and some of my past employers. I met and spoke with two people during my interview, an Art Director and a Manager, it was quite a pleasant experience actually.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with recruiter agency, after they presented me to the company. I went on Friday to interview with my portfolio, they liked my works. I started on Monday as temp like a week, after one week, the recruiter company called me and said that they want me to keep working. I worked as a fulltime freelancer, 6 months later, they offered me a fulltime job. After they hired me and I started as a full time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was more than I expected.

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews with 3 different people. Nothing out of the ordinary or difficult. They do like to trick you into believing you have a future here.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I had 1 over the phone and 3 interviews in person . First one with a recruiter at LA, he presented me the company, the area, and the job function. Then came one with my prospective direct boss. We review my CV and then he talked to me about the area, the company, his back ground at the company. I asked about the goals and we had a chat where I was able to find and show my fit in the position. Next a interview with a VP in the same area., more general view of the company. And finally a human resource interview with the usual behavioral questions in a very professional way.

Interview Questions

• What means to go beyond the line of duty for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a good offer.

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I was offered the position after two separate interviews. The first I met with two group leaders of content strategy for different areas of their site. The second I met with the director of content strategy for the company along with a third group leader. Each interview lasted about 45 min - 1 hour. It seemed like they did most of the talking as my content background was all laid out on my résumé.

Interview Questions

• What is content strategy. Honestly. I came from a content background and had done research into content strategy, but the hard and fast definition of content strategy still eludes me.   2 Answers

I was offered a better position for a smaller company in an industry I am more interested in.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY).

Interview

Disorganized. Unprofessional. Made to wait. No clear expectations of duration of interview. No clear path of role and responsibilities. From phone interview to face to face the position changed. The interviewer kept saying he was trying to keep me 'off guard' and 'on my toes.'

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was - how long did it take for you to get here today - as if my commute time was going to be factored into their decision.   Answer Question

The management team I met with was extremely stressed and kept talking about how stressful their job was and how business is declining. Additionally when I asked about training - they said there was none BUT I needed to be up and running immediately. I felt there would be no support and high expectations which would lead to failure.

Retention Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

onsite interview with HR, questions about handling calls, previous experience, what they expect of full time employee including must not miss one day of training or will not be employed

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry irate customer?   1 Answer