DIRECTV Satellite Installation Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Satellite Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in McClellan, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (McClellan, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and took a technical knowledge exam online which took about 30 mins. A recruiter called about a week later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, they scheduled an in-person interview at the job site. The in-person interview was very easy and took less than 10 minutes. There was only 6 questions asked. The day after, I got a call from the site manager with the job offer. He scheduled me for the next steps in the process- background check, drug test, and physical.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you know about DirecTV?   4 Answers
  • What is your philosophy on safety in the workplace?   3 Answers
  • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an upset customer, what did you do to resolve the situation?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Got a call the day after, hourly rate was much higher than I asked, so I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Satellite Install Technician Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview, then you had to drive down to Tumwater for a drug test and fill out paperwork. You also went there to get the tools you needed for the job

Interview Questions

• Who would you contact if you could now solve an issue with a customer? your supervisor   Answer Question

Satellite Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Montgomery, AL) in July 2009.

Interview

Online application is filled out. Interview in one of our site locations. Drug Test and background check. They ask you basic questions: Can you read, write, lift 50 pounds with out strain? Although some of the newer guys said they actually had to show them they could lift by picking up concrete and 28' ladder. After that wait on the phone call to start training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, they tell you pay scale. Its pretty concrete. You can take it or leave it.