DIRECTV Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DIRECTV Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

A brief written test on object orientated programming and experience. Some written test on hypothetical critical thinking scenarios. The interview lasted about a couple of hours, and went relatively smoothly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair at my college; shortly a recruiter contacted me and we scheduled an interview with one of their engineers in Denver. The engineer and I chatted about my past experiences and asked me what a namespace is.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

It was a 45 min phone call about what was my interest and things on my resume. The last portion of the interview he gave some technical questions. The interviewer was a Senior Mobile Engineer and he was really nice. Look online at their website to watch their internship video to get a better feel of what they do there. I heard that the interns get to dorm with other interns and you get to go on a trip to a customer's house with a technician.

Interview Questions

• What is an interface, what is abstract?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked a bunch of questions that were all conceptual. The questions revolved around object oriented programming concepts and data structures. This is the first of 3 interviews. I haven't heard back yet.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Knowledge of the company and general computing concepts. Phone screen and then a video interview with a couple different hiring managers as a panel initially and then 1:1 (ea about 15 mins).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied at job fair and received and email shorty afterwards. I had an interview with one of their engineers. He didn't seem to want to conduct the interview. He sounded like he was reading off of a script, but that may have just been his personality. He also informed me of the culture and amenities that come with working for direct tv. Most questions were personality based and only about 5 technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a company rep. Very laid back and the rep seemed generally interested in what I had to say. Technical in the sense they asked about projects on my resume but there was no very technical questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I was contacted through email to schedule the initial phone screening interview. The phone interview was set up for 2 days later. The interviewer called at almost the exact time that scheduled (almost down to the second). The interviewer was very easy-going and asked mainly about my goals as a software developer. While referring to the experiences listed on my resume, they asked about my interests in interviewing for various development teams. Specifics about where my technical strengths lie were also asked followed by a very easy quiz about basic programming/development concepts.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer was not an engineer and asked me general interview questions in a sort of voice that sounded like he wasn't really paying attention. After the interview was done he told me to expect an email for another interview. They ended up deciding they'd move forward with another candidate though.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I applied on their website then about 4 weeks later I was contacted via email to set up an appointment for a phone interview with a software engineer. The phone interview is about 30 minutes. The first 5-8 minutes was just talking about the program and telling them a little about myself. The remaining 22-25 minutes were somewhat technical as in the software engineer wanted me to talk about projects that I've done and if I struggled on some what was it on and how did I go on about to fix it. Then he asked what I learned so far and some technical brain teaser questions testing my knowledge of OOP and C++ in general.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult:
      "Implement a queue using a class defined for stack"
      1 Answer