DISH Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DISH Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Interviewed with HR person, then with the department manager. Completed two assessment tests that seemed irrelevant to the position but were not too difficult. Everyone was friendly, but the entire process felt forced, as if they were being made to promote the company over and over. Kept asking how I would benefit the company, how I would fit in, etc. These were not typical interview questions to assess workplace culture fit, but instead came off as aggressive and out of touch. It seemed fairly abnormal and perhaps indicated a sign of the poor company culture that many Glassdoor reviews described. The focus on the "PAW" company values felt particularly juvenile and bizarre.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with basic interview questions. They then sent me a questionare with three different parts, which had a basic stats section, a reading sorta deal, and an internet section. Still haven't heard back from them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO).

Interview

This process was very strange. I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. I was asked very typical interview questions and arranged another interview with a hiring manager. After nearly a week I was contacted by a different recruiter about the same role and scheduled a time to talk with him. During this interview I was asked all the same questions. I told this to the recruiter and he didn't really respond. After this interview, I had a Skype interview with a hiring manager that went very well. Next, I was flown out to the HQ where I was told I would be meeting with a few people. When I arrived I met with the recruiter I had been in contact with and I took two assessment tests on a computer. These were not terribly difficult. Following this, I met with the hiring manager I had the Skype interview with. Our conversation was strange because he didn't seem to remember talking just days before. He asked me very similar questions and had trouble focusing. He looked visibly tired and was sweating. I made the best of it and met with another manager that was no longer in the department. We had a good conversation and I enjoyed the time I spent with him. Unfortunately, he also asked the same questions that I received over and over again (including a strengths and weakness question). At this point I was bored and only wanted to have a genuine conversation with anyone passionate about their job or the company. Subsequently, I was told that I may or may not be meeting with a director that was in a meeting. I waited around for about 20 minutes and then was told she was stuck in a meeting. Finally, the recruiter directed me out of the office and asked me to send him to send him my travel expenses. I did this a few days later and have never received a check in the mail.

Interview Questions

• Strengths vs. weaknesses

Tell me about your self?

Are you sure you want to do this?   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH in June 2016.

Interview

Very Casual. Had a screening interview which consisted of basic interview questions. The interview process was guided from start to finish by a recruiter assigned to my role. I started with a screening interview and a pair of personality/skills tests. I had another phone interview, followed by a Skype interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

It was very sterile. Their HR dept wasn't very friendly, which is unusual for hiring managers. A lot of sitting around and waiting for others to become available. A lot of herding like cattle.

Interview Questions

• they asked about a statistical project I worked on   1 Answer

Had read horrible things about the company

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

An initial phone screening with the HR recruiter, followed by a Skype interview, followed by another phone interview. Then, a group of interviews in person in one day. Was a quick process and the HR recruiter really kept me informed throughout the process. Everyone was very nice and professional. Also some simple ACT/SAT type tests scattered through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they gave me an offer that was much better than what I was even expecting. Awesome!

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Hiring manager seemed to have less experience than I did. In addition, hiring manager was straight out of their master's degree and had no idea the "name" dish has established for itself here in Denver

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

I think the interview process was quick and precise. I submitted paper work, went and met the team and manager and sat down and had a good thorough interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be reasonable and do a little research before coming up with your requirements. Bring in a few questions of your own and have a set list of things you would want out of the job..hours, pay, etc

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Having previously applied for a position I had completed Dish's various pre-employment tests (Wonderlic, Personality Survey, Reasoning Test, technology knowledge assessment). First contact was a very brief phone interview (3 minutes), I answered brief questions about my background and experience with job specific technology. An interview with 2 department managers and a tentative interview with the business unit's VP was scheduled shortly after the phone interview, via email.

The live interview lasted around 30-40 minutes. The two interviewers told me more about the position, answered my preliminary questions and asked me 5-7 standard behavioral interview questions. After I had met with the first two managers, I was asked to meet the VP of the business unit I had applied with. We met for about 10 minutes. He gave me a detailed overview of the business unit and its functions. I answered a few more questions about my background.

The following day I received a call from H.R. telling me they would be moving forward with background and drug screening. After completing the drug screening I received an offer 8 business days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the requirements/expectations in your job or at school?   Answer Question
    • What would your current/previous supervisor say would be one of your shortcomings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening followed by an online test. The next step was to meet the HR rep and hiring manager. After these two successful interviews I went on to meet the Director of the department. Then there was a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Everything was standard in the interview, no real wild cards.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The economy was tight and I had little choice but to accept whatever offer they gave, however, since that time things have opened up in the economy and I know that there were others who successfully negotiated better salaries.