DISH Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DISH Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Interviewed with HR person, then with the department manager. Completed two assessment tests that seemed irrelevant to the position but were not too difficult. Everyone was friendly, but the entire process felt forced, as if they were being made to promote the company over and over. Kept asking how I would benefit the company, how I would fit in, etc. These were not typical interview questions to assess workplace culture fit, but instead came off as aggressive and out of touch. It seemed fairly abnormal and perhaps indicated a sign of the poor company culture that many Glassdoor reviews described. The focus on the "PAW" company values felt particularly juvenile and bizarre.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with basic interview questions. They then sent me a questionare with three different parts, which had a basic stats section, a reading sorta deal, and an internet section. Still haven't heard back from them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO).

Interview

This process was very strange. I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. I was asked very typical interview questions and arranged another interview with a hiring manager. After nearly a week I was contacted by a different recruiter about the same role and scheduled a time to talk with him. During this interview I was asked all the same questions. I told this to the recruiter and he didn't really respond. After this interview, I had a Skype interview with a hiring manager that went very well. Next, I was flown out to the HQ where I was told I would be meeting with a few people. When I arrived I met with the recruiter I had been in contact with and I took two assessment tests on a computer. These were not terribly difficult. Following this, I met with the hiring manager I had the Skype interview with. Our conversation was strange because he didn't seem to remember talking just days before. He asked me very similar questions and had trouble focusing. He looked visibly tired and was sweating. I made the best of it and met with another manager that was no longer in the department. We had a good conversation and I enjoyed the time I spent with him. Unfortunately, he also asked the same questions that I received over and over again (including a strengths and weakness question). At this point I was bored and only wanted to have a genuine conversation with anyone passionate about their job or the company. Subsequently, I was told that I may or may not be meeting with a director that was in a meeting. I waited around for about 20 minutes and then was told she was stuck in a meeting. Finally, the recruiter directed me out of the office and asked me to send him to send him my travel expenses. I did this a few days later and have never received a check in the mail.

Interview Questions

• Strengths vs. weaknesses

Tell me about your self?

Are you sure you want to do this?   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH in June 2016.

Interview

Very Casual. Had a screening interview which consisted of basic interview questions. The interview process was guided from start to finish by a recruiter assigned to my role. I started with a screening interview and a pair of personality/skills tests. I had another phone interview, followed by a Skype interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

I spent 3 hours taking a assessment test, which although long, was fine. I would rather work with other intelligent and educated people, so if the test screens for that, I'm okay with that. Then I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview, which started with another shorter math/language assessment test, which seemed redundant to the first test I had already apparently passed. I also felt a little bit like a sheep being herded through a mechanical process, which I didn't appreciate.

However, from there, I was taken to a team interview with the hiring manager (who was late to the interview) and two senior analysts. They were very open with me about what to expect and were pretty well prepared with questions appropriate to assessing my experience. So the actual conversation was good, I felt, but I was left with significant uncertainties about whether I wanted to work at company with such a micromanaging CEO (who checks a badge sign in/out report to see that you were in the building during the required core hours).

It has been about 3 weeks since my interview and I haven't received any kind of response. I followed up with both a thank you and a one-week status update request and was only told they were still interviewing. I'm not holding my breath, but then again, I don't think I want to.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if the CEO wakes up to a cloudy day and tells you that he has changed his mind 180 degrees from what he told you and signed off on yesterday?   1 Answer