DISH Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DISH Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions

Interviews at DISH

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DISH (Christiansburg, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Online application and assessment. Then on-site assessment and interview with an HR representative and 1 trainer. General customer service questions, asking about good and bad experiences and how they were handled. Originally was told they were not currently looking to hire, though a few months later I received a phone call on Friday afternoon asking me to be in for the training class the next day. Training was about 4 weeks in classroom, and 2-3 weeks in "T-Pod" (training pod with trainer support) before going to the floor.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad customer service experience from your job and what you did, or what you could have done better.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

1) Filled out online application and took a call center simulation test
    2) Called for interview, filled out paperwork
    3) Took a longer, more comprehensive test at the hiring center
    3) Interviewed with an HR rep
    4) Interviewed with a hiring manager, told I'd be offered the job once my paperwork cleared
    5) Waited 3 weeks for background check (done through 3rd party) to clear, called for job offer
    5) Waited 2 weeks for next available training class to start

Interview Questions

• If you had a problem and didn't know what to do, how would you go about finding a solution?   1 Answer
    • I don't recall and other questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate - starting rate is $11.00/hr period. The pay structure is very formal and rigid until you get off the call center floor, but there is at least plenty of opportunity to get little promotions and pay increases as well as cash bonuses.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Interview process was interesting the guy interviewing me was literally trying to talk me out of the job telling me there is easier jobs for 11 dollars a hour. I wish I could be mad at the dude but he wasn't lying.

Interview Questions

• General what was your prior work experience and how do you handle difficult people. Are you used to working in a call center with a continuous flow.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I applied online for a call center position one evening. I could only do part of the "assessment" before their crazy animations locked up my computer. But I guess it was good enough because I found an email the very next morning from someone asking me to schedule a phone interview! And that led to an appointment for a face-to-face interview the following week! I immediately went online to finish the "assessment" and next thing I know, I get an email notifying me that the interview had been cancelled. They said the job had been filled, but the gal at the front desk at the local office told me I had failed.

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DISH (Christiansburg, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interviewer showed me around the site. Asked about my previous experience. He talked about the company and what it was that would actually be done job wise. He asked me about my sells experience because the company relies on it heavily. It was a very short interview with very basic questions.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls in and does not have a DVR receiver, how would you pitch the sale to them?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line and did an assessment that took about 45 minutes. The next day I was contacted by a Dish representative and did a 10 minute phone interview. I was scheduled for a face to face interview at a Dish call center location. I was told that the background check would take 7-10 business days (no drug test). I was called the next day and told that I was hired and the background check was done. The interviewer was very nice and you have nothing to be nervous about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you troubleshot something.   2 Answers