DISH Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.3

125 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy, Questions asked related to how you feel about working with different personalities and how would you react on a call when a customer is yelling and cursing at you.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with people that you may not agree with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH in October 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that lasted no more than 10 mins. Basically she asked a few questions about my previous jobs then went on to give me some background information about Dish. I was then scheduled for a in person interview. We went over my resume and I had to answer a couple of scenario questions. At the end of the interview she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you experienced a technical problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview
    -went over resume
    -availability
    -pay
    -training

In person interview
    -listened to sample calls
    -toured
    - interview questions

Meet with HR
    Offered job contingent on background check which takes 14 days

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH in October 2017.

Interview

As with other reviews that are on here, the process is pretty streamlined and fast. The day that I applied, I was emailed to set up a phone interview time. After the phone interview, however I was turned down, which I didn't see in anyone else's review on here.
    Just be informed, you can be turned down after the phone interview, without being set up for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do I anticipate doing for the job, and what was my prior work attendance like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluefield, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Bluefield, WV) in September 2017.

Interview

Watch 20 minutes of sample calls, spent most of the time touring the facility , was asked 4 questions, went over resume. Filled out background check info, no drug test (HR said that she is giving a group of last 4 numbers in social security that is drug tested)

Interview Questions

• How would you define world class customer service? A time you went above and beyond performing customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Christiansburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

A recruiter calls you to do a ten to fifth teen minute phone interview asked a few questions then if you do well they set up a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• how would I handle a upset customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH in July 2017.

Interview

after i applied online i received an email 1 day after asking my availability for a phone interview, it was a quick phone interview,the same day the send me an email to come in person for another interview.it was really cool,good work atmosphere,good staff,good trainer,its one of the best place to work.

Interview Questions

• give an example when you go above and beyond to help a customer? IT skills? Experience in call center?...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DISH (Harlingen, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

First you need to complete several tasks in the computer, which takes like 1 hour. They ask questions regarding customer service and they give you multiple choice. It is very easy to complete. They also give you a quiz to see if you are bilingual. You will be listening to a fake call in Spanish and will need to choose the best answer from a multiple choice. This is also very easy. They will also do a typing test. After completing the computer step, you will have two interviews. The two interviews are very easy. If you are bilingual, your second interview will be first in English and then in Spanish. The questions in Spanish will be the same as in English, the only difference is that you have to answer in Spanish.
    After you finish the bilingual , if you pass, they will tell you that you are eligible to work and they will offer you the employment in that moment. If you agree, then you will have to complete the background check form, and other paperwork. When you finish they will give you a form indicating your training dates and schedule.

The first part of the training last about 2 weeks and the second another 2 weeks also.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked at a call center?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

First you get a phone interview- if they like you they will schedule a face to face interview with a couple assessments. Everything is incredibly easy. Basically, if you have a pulse they will hire you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview the next day, and in-person after that. I was more than qualified for the job, and aced the interview, but no offer. I saw red flags when the interviewer had me wait in the lobby 15 mins before finally appearing, never smiled, asked basic-level interview questions we've all heard before, and took forever to write down responses. The guy acted like he'd rather be somewhere else. The whole interview dragged on for an hour.

No loss, starting pay of 13.50 is a joke and what helpdesk techs were making 20 years ago.
    Just another revolving-door call center that pays barely minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond blah blah blah.. usual lame questions.   Answer Question