DISH Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.4

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on the website.

Had a screening phone interview shortly after to give me some information and ask some questions. An interview was setup.

Went into the interview and was given a tour of the facility. Answered some easy interview questions. Afterwards I was told they'll call within 3 days to let me know if I had the job. I got an email about a week later saying they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
    What does good customer service mean to you?
    Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview just asking me basic questions to verify my resume and to see if I would agree to 13.50/hour for the first part of my training. After that, then they schedule you for an in person interview at the actual site. Usually its whoever if free at that time - a coach, trainer, etc. They have a piece of paper where they have assigned questions to ask you, mostly just making sure that you'll be competent in following their tools for technical support.

They also take time to tell you the benefits of free tv subscriptions, medical insurance, and the like just to kind of get you interested in the job itself since it has such a high turnover rate. Most supervisors are discouraged from saying anything negative or say real-life stories because they try to get you through training before you realize how mentally exhausting the job actually is.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your last job/How do you handle fast-paced work environments?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Overall took about a week. I applied online and was called the same day for a phone interview. was immediately scheduled for an in-person interview two days later on a Friday. was given a tour of the center and then led to the office for the interview. Was a quick interview, might have taken 10 minutes. Had an offer by the following Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application online, but did not have time to complete right then. Received and email from a Dish employee letting me know I did not finish and would like to interview me once the application is completed. I was able to complete the application the next day and received a call from that same person within an hour for a 10 minute phone interview. I set up a 2nd in-office questionnaire for the following week with the posssibility of a face to face interview after. One thing that I was told over the phone is that there is a schedule that is 4 hrs on, 4 hrs off, then 4 hrs on again. This is not a beneficial schedule for any employee. This might be the only downfall to employment here. I will update once the 2nd interview is completed

After 30 days - free Dish service
    After 60 days - Medical and Dental
    After 90 days - 401k enrollment opportunity with company match.

Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Harlingen, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Standard: online or walk-in application, interview, they either tell you at the interview or within a week afterward if you got the job. It is hit or miss between applauds on being ignored completely, however.

Interview Questions

• Level of call center experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Harlingen, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was quick and basic questions were asked. Ended up with a job offer on the spot and accepted offer as I needed a job at the time.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX).

Interview

Pretty easy, don't have to have any call center experience, two interviews, phone interview and interview with one of the supervisors. Not intense at all. They look for responses using the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Resolution) method.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DISH (Tulsa, OK) in April 2016.

Interview

-tour of the building
    -one on one interview
    -Fill out paperwork
    -on site mouth swab drug test (wtf)

Things to note:
    Business casual (no jeans)
    Random drug tests
    You get to pick your schedule (may change)
    You can easily move up in the company
    Very nice facility

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to deal with an irate customer and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Name one thing you love about the previous company you worked for   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you had to assist a customer with technical support how did you handle it   Answer Question

Dress is business (no jeans)
    Radom drug tests on site with mouth swabs

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

It was long and drawn out hours of computer test that was a complete waste of time.I remember that the questions were very basic nothing worth remembering. They do not touch on the benefits AT all until you reach close to you three month mark. They tell you very little about what they offer. they sell dreams about fast growth. LIES!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DISH (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

first - you will have an online practise
    then phone screening
    then 1:1 Meeting with someone speaks the same language then you will be reading a paper to translate to english and vice versa

Interview Questions

• second round will be with one of the coaches, regular questions and they walk you through the building and they try to show how friendly the environment but in reality it is not at all
      then you will have the HR rep to take you for another practise on the PC then drug test then you will be informed on when the new training will be starting   1 Answer