DISH Field Service Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview included questions about previous income, which is illegal to ask here in CA. Companies routinely ask this to try to recruit someone willing to accept a lower salary than other candidates would accept.

Interview Questions

• How much was your last salary?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Field Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Online assessment prior to phone interview. Phone interview was pretty standard type questions. Was selected for in person interview which was really overly long - 1.5 hours one on one with office manager and THEN another 1.5 hours of online assessments following the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you a bad situation at work and how you worked to resolve it?   Answer Question

Field Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on Indeed and I was contacted by a recruiter a week later. The recruiter interview was more of a information conversation and less of a phone interview, was asked very few questions. Was set up with a fave to fave interview with the Operations Manager a week later and this interview was your basic STAR format interview. During this interview I was told about the long hours and all the issues that come with working at DISH. The OPS manager was straight forward and pretty much confirmed all the bad reviews on Glassdoor and other Forums. After this interview I had an interview with the Regional Manager via phone and he asked more leadership/management type of questions and then I had a interview with the Regional Director. All he asked me was about my resume and how will I adapt to a new job with little experience in installing systems in homes. All in all 4 phone interviews and one face to face interview.....took 5 weeks to complete. Oh, you will have to take the wonderlic test which is not that hard.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Dish knowing that the reviews are not stellar?

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a employee who could not perform?

Do you have experience using hand tools?

Do you have experience climbing ladders?

How do you motivate a team?   1 Answer

Field Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

apply online, 2 online assessment tests. initial phone interview. live interview with operations manager includes 2 assessment tests, one being the wonderlic. live interview with general manager and regional hr director. live interview with regional operations manager. phone interview with northeast director. all in all, took over 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest decision you've ever had to make as a manager?   Answer Question

Field Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DISH in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through the Dish Network Website and was contacted a day later to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. I spoke with the recruiter for close to an hour about two potential positions as well as standard interview questions about my past work experience. The recruiter was polite and personable until he made a racist statement. He described how one of the functions of a Field Service Manager was to ensure security of company equipment because "some of the neighborhoods are pretty dark" and he did not mean a lack of adequate street lights.

After the phone screen, I had to complete a personality/math skills test online before being sent to interview in person with an Operations Manager who asked two other Field Service Managers to sit in. They asked standard interview questions and then went on to describe the realities of the job itself ie long hours, open ended shifts, high occurrence of having to fire people.

I never heard anything back from the recruiter after my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DISH (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

Takes a long time. Had 4 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. then heard nothing for week until they called and gave me a bunch of information and told me to get a drug test. then I was called again and asked if I still was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Dish and what have you failed at in your last jib   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. its either take it or leave it.

Field Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with corporate HR. Then online assessment tests. Then face to face meeting with operations manager. Interview was very basic. Then a ton more online assessments. The interview was fine - this is where they will tell you that they expect you to work 16 hour days. I wanted to run midway through the interview!

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions. My interviewer was not very polished in his interviewing skills.   Answer Question

Field Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Great communication up until the actual interview at which point it should have been a red flag that it took 2 hours to find someone to interview me. The phone interview was not difficult and they communicate very well. At the oral interview was asked multiple questions that follow the standard what issue you had, how you handled it, and what you would have done differently. Stay calm you probably have more experience and ability to do the job than you may believe.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked multiple questions concerning how you deal with a problem. This is because the company is riddled with them. You will be expected to make up for all of the short comings of the dispatch system, management, and customer service. Stay calm your answer can be a problem you had in regular life events not just work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation even if you work twice as hard as other people you will still get the same salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH (Evansville, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

Called by recruiter, pay was way low. Beware. You have take a lot of assesments which have little bearing on related job duties. A lot of interviews , it seems a lot of people need something to do so they have them join in on the interviewing process. Trust me , dish is not the the best in their game for a reason. It's all starts with their hiring process. The recruiter was very very misleading and unprofessional. The work life balance, stated by every discussed, 6am to when the last installer gets back. While your making 39k to 42k, your installers are pulling 14$ to 19$. Do the math.

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DISH (Sanford, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

I had 3 face-to-face interviews and 1 phone interview. Several computer tests or evaluations on how to handle situations. I was lied to by the recruiter, and the 3 face-to-face interviewers. I was told that I would only work 4-10 hour days with some overtime. After I started, I was told that I needed to work a minimum of 55 hour per week. This works out to 14 hour days.

Interview Questions

• None. The company states they are looking for leaders who think outside the box. The reality is they are targeting retired military because Dish thinks they will follow direction from upper management without asking questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotialble; take it or leave it. The $7,500 annual bonus is virtually unattainable.