DISH Field Service Specialist I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DISH Field Service Specialist I Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Farmers Branch, TX).

Interview

To start apply online, take online assessment, if you pass it someone will call and setup an interview. The interview is pretty straight forward, they ask customer oriented type question, how you would respond to certain situations. And general tech related experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experiences dealing with an irate customer.
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Field Service Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Apply online only, have a well rounded resume, and always try to be sure your application is seen.
    This is how my Process played out ( i think)
    Apply Online
    Initial Phone Interview
    In person Interview with Operations Manager
    Drug Test
    Final Interview With Operations Manager

Once I had the in-person interview, I was told pending everything else I would be hired.

Be professional, ask questions about how their office runs/benefits/hours.

After the initial phone interview about 30 days had passed. They said they would call me about setting up the in person interview. I called them back and they had forgotten. If I had never called, I would have never gotten the job!

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you saw a coworker doing something you knew was wrong? What actions did you take to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. Based on where your office is located, starting pay is around $14-$18 an hour. Work hard and you will 90% of the time have overtime.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I received a telephone interview one business day after taking the test and filling out the application online. The questions were based on past work experience situations. Remember to keep safety as your number one priority. They will also ask hypothetical customer service questions. The call will be from their recruiting center in Denver. Should they like your responses, they will schedule you an interview with the site manager that same week. The telephone interview should last about 15 minutes.

You will be interviewed in person by the general and operations managers. They will ask you questions similar to the ones on the telephone. They will also ask you questions such as what have been your biggest goals, how have you dealt with a difficult customer, and the reasons why you have left your previous jobs.

In most cases, they do not check references or work experience. I gave them bogus google voice phone numbers and they did not call any of them. They do, however, conduct a drug test and check your background. They do check your MVR such as follows; past 3 years for minor traffic violations, past 5 years for accidents; past 7 years for DL suspensions; and past 10 years for DUI's. They do no conduct a physical. The hiring process takes about two months.

They will probably fly you or give you a rental car to go to the regional training center. They will provide with a $35 a day per diem, and you will share rooms with another trainee.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest goal in life? Name three of your biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Just ask about previous experiences and why you think you would be able to do the job. They describe it as demanding field but I don't think it is. Some very typical interview questions nothing to hard. You are speaking to a recruiter so its not as intimidating as talking to a manager.

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Norman, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online. I was called the next day by a dish recruiter to do a phone interview. She set up an appointment a couple days later for a 1 on 1 Interview. The 1 on 1 interview was pretty basic and generic. Normal SMART answers are what is wanted. I was told at the end of that interview that I would receive an email within 2 days to do a drug test and only had 2 days to complete it. After the drug test was the background check/processing wait which lasted about 2 weeks. I was then contacted to set up my training class. I had the option to go out of state with expenses paid the following Monday but I chose to wait another week and do the training at my home office.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you where in a situation where a customer was upset. How did you diffuse the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. Either you accept what they offer or you don't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Garner, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

Vigorous and serious. Wear a dress shirt, slacks good shoes and tie. Always have your A game at all times. 2-3 Interviews, written tests, impeccable driving and criminal record needed.

Interview Questions

• Every question is difficult if you care and need a job. =) Just be honest, relax, and sell yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

Went to their office, took a computer test, got an interview and then was drug tested. My interview started with a recruiter who called me over the phone and asked some questions about my back ground, my driving record, when I was able to start working.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Castle Hayne, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Castle Hayne, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Quick phone interview then face to face interview with Installation Manager and FSM. Then drug test and background. After that they will call you with an offer and send you to training

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, no negotation

Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Garner, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied, Phone Interview, Face the Face be formal and military, say yes to all request no matter what extreme. They need someone they can slave out. They will promise you alot of stuff and try to amaze you will nice things at first. Make it seem awesome and you have a future there. Don't believe it, use them like they will use you. Every thing is a game, and how well you tell him what you want to hear is was matters, not your skill, experience, or age.

Interview Questions

• None, standard interview questions. Mention computer experience, say your willing to work weekends holidays and all times of night.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Katy, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was one of the best I've had so far. The first thing I did was apply online which took about 2 hours and consisted of the personality and skills test. About a week later I was contacted for a phone interview which was very laid back and easy. At the end of the interview they told me they were moving me on to a one on one interview the coming Friday. The one on one was once again very laid back and easy. The head manager actually told me to lean back and relax. The question were all very easy mainly questions about a/v setup and networking. Three days after the one on one I received a phone call stating that I had been moved on to the last step of the interview process which was a drug test, background check and reference check. About a week and a half after I received that phone call I got an email offering me the job. I accepted and was given a day to go sign my new hire paper work and I start training on the 30th.

Interview Questions

• What's the best cable to use for setting up an hd connection? (a/v cables, composite or hdmi)   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to set up a wireless network   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a