DISH Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2016

2.0

Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Very brief and I only answered simple questions. Of course I had military experience which they like, and a bit of sales experience before the military. The hiring manager was busy with other work prior to the interview, but he saw me after about 10 minutes or so. I wore a dress shirt, tie, and black slacks to the interview. No blue jeans are allowed. But, one thing of note that I like is that you have permission to have a beard as long as it is neat and trimmed.

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX).

Interview

Pretty easy, don't have to have any call center experience, two interviews, phone interview and interview with one of the supervisors. Not intense at all. They look for responses using the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Resolution) method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to face a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply for job internally, get sched for interview. They'll ask name a time where you made a mistake and learned from it, a time you had to deal with a difficult colleague and a policy you dont agree with. Will have you listen to and evaluate a call as well.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to deal with a difficult colleague.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview starts off with a tour of the facility. You speak to the hiring manager who will eventually be your team lead. The interview was fairly short and then you are asked to take a drug test and fill out paperwork for the background check.

Interview Questions

• there were no real challenging question in the interview   1 Answer

Region Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DISH (Houston, TX).

Interview

Useless recruitment! Recruiters are paid based on the number of interviews they schedule and conduct. I applied to three positions throughout various parts of the country. I was contacted by three separate recruiters. During the interview for two of the positions it was established that Dish was looking for local candidates only. Why call me? Why schedule an interview? Please refer to the second statement of this review. What a waste of time! In two out of three positions and after the interviews they went with internal candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

applied online, very high tech testing on line with personal computer (don't try to multi task while completing), phone interview with HR from corp office, followed by in person interview at local call center

Interview Questions

• when did you go above and beyond in solving a customer complaint   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The process is pretty easy. Did the application online with assessments and received a call back within 2 days. The first phone call with dish was a phone interview and the a face to face interview was scheduled. The interview was easy. Now i am just waiting for my results from the background check. I was told that would take between 7 and 10 days...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem and a supervisor was not available?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX).

Interview

Easynothing to it if you can breathe you will get the job at this super easy don't sweat it it's very easydon't be nervous cuz you will get the job

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I arrived 5 mins early they sat me at a computer to listen in on 5 different calls then a supervisor came a showed me around the center then took me in to a room to do a brief 15 min interview she asked me like 5 questions and took me back out front where I was told I'd hear something back within 1-2 days

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to troubleshoot   Answer Question

Dish Network Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online via company website. Was called about two weeks later for a phone interview. Phone interview had basic questions, exception being that they ask about your driving record. More than 2 moving violations disqualify you. Received a phone call asking to come in for interview at what would be my home office. Again, mostly basic questions, but this time I was asked if I had any construction experience. In the end, I got a call and an email telling me to take a drug test, and I was hired shortly afterwards

Interview Questions

• Do you have construction experience?   1 Answer