DISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

276 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Online assessment prior to phone interview. Phone interview was pretty standard type questions. Was selected for in person interview which was really overly long - 1.5 hours one on one with office manager and THEN another 1.5 hours of online assessments following the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you a bad situation at work and how you worked to resolve it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluefield, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Bluefield, WV) in September 2017.

Interview

Watch 20 minutes of sample calls, spent most of the time touring the facility , was asked 4 questions, went over resume. Filled out background check info, no drug test (HR said that she is giving a group of last 4 numbers in social security that is drug tested)

Interview Questions

• How would you define world class customer service? A time you went above and beyond performing customer service   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DISH in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview took at leaat 10 min asking can you work in an extreme weather ? What motivates you to work? Why work for Dish Network ? Do you have any customer service experience and why leave your current job?

International Programming Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Be prepared to jump through many hoops! Phone screen with a recruiter, online evaluation (math, reading comprehension, knowledge of technical web terms), phone interview with the hiring manager, in person online evaluation (logical, analytical), in person interview with the hiring manager (because 1 interview with them isn't enough), in person interview with a team member, in person interview with VP. A week after the "final" interview (evidently after that they would request transcripts and references for every job you have held), I hadn't heard anything so emailed the hiring manager and received an email from the recruiter saying they were pursuing other candidates. Pursuing multiple candidates for one position after the "final" interview? Sounds like they can't trust their own long process to find the correct person. Each time you think you are at the end, there is one more step.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview with the hiring manager: So I'm looking at your resume here. Can you walk me through it?   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by telephone and video 4 times in month+ with 4 managers of the teams around the job. Very positive and nice people, polite and professional. The interviews was mostly talking, checking my personality, my past experience, my technical knowledge around the position. There was also an IQ test. All in all everything went great for both sides. Eventually, I didn't get the job because the last minute they found someone without the need to relocate him. Really enjoyed the process. Wish I was choose to work with these people.

Interview Questions

• Did you do this and that.
      How do you solve problem X? etc
      What do you know about Dish?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Dont waste your time, the interview process is very indicave of the type of behemoth corporate type of company this is. After a quick screen with the recruiter they asked me to take an online assessment which seemed quite irrelevant to the role. There were very dated, inaccurate questions regarding old products or functionality with Twitter, Facebook and Youtube.

I could see based on this experience alone why they have the reputation they do.

Interview Questions

• Antoione Dodson, Chocolate rain and dramatic hamster are examples of what type of video? ( no really, this was a question)   1 Answer

Content Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Incredibly poor.
    I interviewed for two positions: International Programming Specialist at Sling TV and Content Acquisition Specialist at Dish.

All interviews took place over the phone. The Sling HR representative rescheduled our phone call TWICE, both times minutes before (very unprofessional), and she never really seemed to understand the inconvenience she was causing. Although I kept moving forward in the process, the people interviewing me made me feel as though I was incredibly undeserving of their time, or for that matter, of this job. They kept bringing attention to my lack of 'full-time employment' during the period since I had graduated with my Masters in Entertainment Business in December (during which time I have had temporary stints with major agencies and production companies in the Los Angeles entertainment industry). They kept asking me why I hadn't been able to attain a full-time job (as though I wasn't even trying to). 1. The Los Angeles industry is exponentially more difficult to attain jobs in than Denver. 2. I was working three jobs (averaging over 70+ hours a week). I wasn't slacking. I was hustling.

My final interview for the Sling position was with a VP. Her Skype audio was horrible (not to mention she had a very strong accent). Also her camera was awkwardly placed at a really high angle (on top of a elevated computer screen) so I could not even see her face, nor did she look directly at me. She didn't ask me at all about my previous positions, or about what I knew about Dish and the television industry, but just grilled me about why I was not employed full-time and why I was applying to a job in Denver. If she had simply looked at my application, she would know I was originally from Denver.

My final interview (for the Dish position) was scheduled two weeks in advance (still a phone call). Ironically, I flew back to Denver that day to visit family, and took a 6 AM flight to ensure that I was not at the airport, but was at home in a quiet place for the interview. But when I was called, I could hardly hear the exec because HE WAS AT THE AIRPORT. I could hardly hear him, and our interview kept being interrupted by PA announcements.

I had previously interviewed with NBC, Amazon, Hulu, along with many more companies in LA and I was NEVER treated nearly as bad as at Dish.. At the other companies, the HR reps had fully reviewed my credentials and were able to have in-depth conversations with me.

Admittedly I don't think I was a perfect fit for either positions or the teams which were involved. But Dish truly needs to value their applicant's time as well as their previous experiences. My experience with Dish was absolutely disgraceful, and I understand why this company has such a horrible reputation.

Interview Questions

• When will you be moving to Denver?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DISH in June 2017.

Interview

Chris was an amazing interviewer, he made me feel relaxed. Not sure if the 2nd person was playing the "bad cop." I thought I was doing really well til the second guy got on the line. Chris was definitely "The good cop." He even thanked my husband and I for our service. My husband is military and that was very shocking to me that he included me in it. I can definitely tell Chris was the retention guy because of his empathy and I could also tell the 2nd guy was a Sales guy because his tone and he was direct and straight to the point. 😕

Interview Questions

• role play. I have to talk it over with my wife. how would you handle the rejection?
      why dish? What do you know about the postion.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a sales goal that you had trouble reaching?   1 Answer

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Spartanburg, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with internal recruiter. Phone screen with hiring manager. Took a few weeks and then received an onsite interview. Completed a few tests in the front lobby before meeting with the hiring manager. Did a tour with the hiring manager then sat down with the hiring manager and his direct reports in a conference room. During the interview, two of the direct reports worked on their laptops, disengaging only long enough to pop a question. Once complete, I sat down with an HR generalist who started explaining benefits, which was premature. I then went into the hiring manager's office where I sat for an hour waiting. He came and got me and finished the plant tour. As he walked me towards the front, he informed me they were reevaluating the role and how it was structured. The following week, I spoke to the internal recruiter and let her know I was still interested. Never heard from her or the company again. Definitely the worst interview experience I've ever had and showed little value for my time and effort to go and meet with them.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about an obscure piece of information on the their website.   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

First you would apply online and if they like you they will call you to schedule a phone interview. Basic questions and afterwards an in person interview. They ask you a bunch of questions not related to the job.

Interview Questions

• They ask too many questions and my interviewer was too happy. They want you too sell their products thats their main goal. Its annoying because that should not be part of the job. They are looking for more of a sales person than a Technician.   Answer Question