DISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.7

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Interviewed with two other department managers and then took 3 separate aptitude tests. The interviewers were a bit pretentious and acted like I was wasting their time.

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Brunswick, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview with Dish went pretty good. The guy who interviewed me was pretty straight to the point. He described the job pretty clearly. I haven't heard anything back from Dish yet but my fingers are still crossed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

TL;DR: Dish recruiting has managed to combine the best in time consuming exercises while still making you feel that you are on an assembly line. Save yourself some time on this one; there are reasons the GlassDoor score is so low.

The interview components were not particularly difficult but did end up being very time consuming. First I had a phone screen with a recruiter (lasting about 30 minutes) where we ran through my resume. I did well enough that I was 'invited' to take an online test which included a three components: math, verbal and technology literacy (these technology questions felt like a very clever way to filter out people under 25 and over 50 as they were inane yet specific). While the recruiter said that this test would take roughly 60-75 minutes, it consumed the better part of two hours.

From there, I was invited to an in person interview which lasted about three hours. I had the opportunity to meet with 3 members of the group for 30 minutes each. The interview was very basic but gave me a good opportunity to drill deeper down into the role and the social aspect of the team/company. Now if you were keeping track, the interviewing component was only 1.5 hours of the 3 hours. The other 1.5 hours of this event involved sitting in a small room taking outdated personality and logic tests on barely functional computers. They are not hard but you really get the sense that you are becoming just another point of data to Dish. It was clear walking out of the interview that the position was looking for more technical skills than I possessed. While it was irksome that the recruiter pushed me into an interview for a role that was specifically looking for someone technical, I can appreciate the team's decision to go with another candidate.

However, the method by which they send a denial is unprofessional, and frankly insulting. After 5.5 hours in the interview process, all I received was a form email stating they were going with another candidate. It was literally the same email that you would get if you were filtered out during the initial application stage. I would argue that the least a company could give is the courtesy of a phone call, if not a more personalized email. This is shameful and has left me with a very poor perception of Dish. I wish that I had heeded the warnings on GlassDoor before I embarked on this misadventure.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your background: run through your resume, describe an instance when you encountered conflict in the work place, etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Interviewed with HR person, then with the department manager. Completed two assessment tests that seemed irrelevant to the position but were not too difficult. Everyone was friendly, but the entire process felt forced, as if they were being made to promote the company over and over. Kept asking how I would benefit the company, how I would fit in, etc. These were not typical interview questions to assess workplace culture fit, but instead came off as aggressive and out of touch. It seemed fairly abnormal and perhaps indicated a sign of the poor company culture that many Glassdoor reviews described. The focus on the "PAW" company values felt particularly juvenile and bizarre.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (New York, NY).

Interview

Emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Called me to do the phone interview. Emailed me weeks later saying they had better candidates. It seemed like kind of standard procedure for such a large organization as they are.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website. After answering a questionnaire I was guided to take a test. The test is about personality and basics math problems. Next I received a phone call from HR and was interviewed. All went well and HR scheduled a face to face interview with a manager at the local dish center. It went really well. But when I got home I did more researches on the company and I found out that it has been voted worst place to work at fir two years straight. I am glad I didn't fit the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you were proud of what you did?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with basic interview questions. They then sent me a questionare with three different parts, which had a basic stats section, a reading sorta deal, and an internet section. Still haven't heard back from them

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH in December 2016.

Interview

I completed an application and was later contacted by a recruiter for an initial interview. The interview went well and they later sent me an online assessment. I completed it and was later told that I passed. After that I was supposed to be interviewed by a hiring manager for the position. The feedback I received from recruiters led me to believe that I was doing well. A month and a half later, I received an e-mail stating that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Mostly I was asked about the work i had done on my former projects   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

When I applied, I was required to do some on line practice scenarios. After the practice scenarios, I was contacted by a person from their headquarters in Denver who did a phone screening. I arrived at the interview and was given more sample phone conversations to listen to and then I was given a tour of the facility, followed by the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific instance of when you provided quality customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO).

Interview

This process was very strange. I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. I was asked very typical interview questions and arranged another interview with a hiring manager. After nearly a week I was contacted by a different recruiter about the same role and scheduled a time to talk with him. During this interview I was asked all the same questions. I told this to the recruiter and he didn't really respond. After this interview, I had a Skype interview with a hiring manager that went very well. Next, I was flown out to the HQ where I was told I would be meeting with a few people. When I arrived I met with the recruiter I had been in contact with and I took two assessment tests on a computer. These were not terribly difficult. Following this, I met with the hiring manager I had the Skype interview with. Our conversation was strange because he didn't seem to remember talking just days before. He asked me very similar questions and had trouble focusing. He looked visibly tired and was sweating. I made the best of it and met with another manager that was no longer in the department. We had a good conversation and I enjoyed the time I spent with him. Unfortunately, he also asked the same questions that I received over and over again (including a strengths and weakness question). At this point I was bored and only wanted to have a genuine conversation with anyone passionate about their job or the company. Subsequently, I was told that I may or may not be meeting with a director that was in a meeting. I waited around for about 20 minutes and then was told she was stuck in a meeting. Finally, the recruiter directed me out of the office and asked me to send him to send him my travel expenses. I did this a few days later and have never received a check in the mail.

Interview Questions

• Strengths vs. weaknesses

Tell me about your self?

Are you sure you want to do this?
      2 Answers